Upskill with engaging, workforce relevant short courses.
Microcourses from the University of Idaho Coeur d’Alene are created with the goal of delivering lifelong and personalized professional growth with a small investment of time and money. The short course program is currently in a development phase in consultation with U of I alumni, industry leaders and education experts across the region.
With just 8-10 hours of instruction, microcourses are intended to make learners more effective in their current roles or expand skill sets for a potential career change. Industry needs combined with relevant university expertise will determine microcourse focus areas.
In all subjects and delivery models, U of I Coeur d'Alene expects participants will:
- Experience rapid and relevant workforce skills training.
- Engage with subject-matter experts and fellow learners.
- Increase your personal productivity.
- Identify areas for improvement.
- Grow a deeper understanding of organizational or business-specific needs and trends.
- Align with skills needed for continuous growth across sectors.
Upon completion of a microcourse, participants must demonstrate competency of the skill. A digital badge would then be awarded.
Microcourses in Development
U of I Coeur d'Alene proposes Lean Fundamentals and Project Management as leading topics for the microcourse program. Full assessment of course outcomes and competencies is currently underway, so delivery is postponed until further notice.
Academic Program Development Manager