Barker Capital Management and Trading Program
The Barker Trading Program focuses on risk and money management. The approach is founded on the belief that hands-on learning plays a critical role in the development of capital management strategies and skills. The goals of the program are to:
- Introduce to trading and risk management strategies.
- Enable exploration of markets for securities, options and futures.
- Promote interdisciplinary cooperation across the land grant elements of the university.
- Create job and career opportunities.
The program is unique in that it provides the opportunity for you to trade a range of securities including equities, fixed income, commodities, foreign exchange and derivatives. If you qualify, you will trade individually funded accounts. You also have the opportunity to participate as part of an investment team with portfolio allocations that span a range of asset classes. Traders and portfolio teams execute their own trades and develop risk management policies for their accounts.
Students in the Barker Program have the opportunity to participate in a range of hands-on learning opportunities relating to capital markets and risk management. Read the student report (PDF) from one of these projects.
U.S. Bank Trading Floor Features
- 600 square feet
- 22 trading stations
- Trading platforms: Thinkorswim and Oak Trading Systems
- Three 55-inch flat screen monitors
- Bloomberg terminal for real-time market analysis and trading
- Morningstar Direct investment research database
- Interactive Market Wall with live market data
- 20-foot ticker display