Our vision is to expand the Idaho Entrepreneurs program to include additional support for student teams competing in the annual Business Plan Competition so they can market and launch their business ideas.
Gap Funds are created to fill funding "gap" between the idea or technology and where the idea needs to evolve in order to attract external interest and more forward into becoming a possible business idea.
A Gap Fund provides the following advantages:
- More of an entrepreneurial culture and to stimulate innovation.
- Learning opportunities for students on how to launch a business or how technology transfer takes place on campus.
- Help with business ideas for new technology, large scale commercialization as well as small businesses and social start-ups.
- Is the initial step allowing us to raise private dollars and funnel through the university foundation without the complexities, expense and legal hurdles.
- Enable the university to better assess ideas that might be viable for future funding.