PGA Golf Management Club
- Jones Cup — A national competition between all 19 PGA Golf Management Schools held annually in Port St. Lucie Florida on the Wannamaker Golf Course.
- Leadership session — This is an opportunity for students in leadership positions with in the PGM Club to travel to the PGA Annual Meeting. Here they will meet leaders in the industry including the Board of Directors and President of the PGA of America. They will also have the opportunity to network with other top students from the PGA Programs throughout the country.
- PGA Merchandise Show — Annually Held in Orlando Florida this provides students with the opportunity to participate in the world’s largest golf expo with over 1,100 exhibits and 40,000 attendees. Here students will be able to network, see the latest trends, interview for internship positions, and demo equipment which will be released later in the year.
- Recruiting Visits — The program will bring regional industry leaders to speak to the students about the latest trends and how they are handling changes in technologies. Typically these people will be specific to a certain area within the golf industry, teaching, club repair, golf course design.
- Tournament Association — The PGM Club conducts weekly golf tournaments that are open to students in the PGA program. These tournaments are used to determine who will participate in the Jones Cup and allow students to participate in a competitive environment to improve their golf game. It also encourages students to work together in groups.
- National Collegiate Club Association (NCCGA) — Provides a competitive environment for students to compete against one another. Tournaments are held regionally throughout the Pacific Northwest against universities like Oregon, Washington State, Eastern Washington, Portland State and Gonzaga. The University of Idaho won the regional qualifier in 2014 and was a participant in the 2014 National Championship.
The PGA Golf Management club is a nonprofit student organization that is governed entirely by the PGA Golf Managment students and is advised by a faculty member directly associated with the program.
The club provides a forum for members to discuss golf related issues, organize tournaments, get involved in the community and share experiences and ideas. It also provides a social outlet for students to network with future golf professionals. Throughout the year students will be exposed to guest lecturers from all areas of the golf industry to give an overall perspective of what the industry is all about and where it is headed in the future.
Students are encouraged to participate in all aspects of the PGA Golf Management club. The club presents opportunities for students to gain life experiences and build their professional portfolio by holding offices, organizing and playing in tournaments, and having a good understanding of the PGA and golf industry. This club, along with the many other programs and activities available to our students, provides students with a wide variety of out-of-classroom experiences that will facilitate their growth as professionals.