Darryl Woolley, Ph.D.
University of Idaho
Campus Locations: Albertson Building
BS, Accounting, Brigham Young University, 1992
MACC, Accounting Information Systems, Brigham Young University, 1992
PhD, Accounting, University of Utah, 2002
Intellectual property ethics
Financial reporting ethics
Dr. Woolley has taught at the University of Idaho since 2007. He is a CPA and practiced as an auditor and corporate controller before earning his doctorate. He is married and has five children. He likes spending time with his family, being outdoors, and reading history and economics. Besides Idaho (twice), he has lived in California, Colorado, Utah, Spain, and the Canary Islands.
- Woolley, Darryl. “Which Helps Accounting Students Learn More: Traditional Homework, Online Homework, or Clickers?” forthcoming in Academy of Educational Leadership Journal.
- Woolley, Darryl. “Two Issues to Consider in Digital Piracy Research: The Use of Likert-like Questions in Behavioral Surveys,” forthcoming in Journal of Legal, Ethical and Regulatory Issues.
- Porter, Jason and Darryl Woolley. (2012) “The BBDE Health Center: A Case Study of Business Ethics and Corporate Governance.” IMA Educational Case Journal, 5:3.
- Woolley, Darryl. (2012) “A Teaching Case for Understanding the Data Structure of an Accounting Database: Comparing a Commercial System to REA,” Journal of the International Academy of Case Studies, 18:2.
- Woolley, Darryl. (2011) “A Framework for Analyzing Decision Aid User Interactions with Decision Aids,” Academy of Information and Management Science Journal, 14:2.
- Woolley, Darryl.(2010) “The Cynical Pirate: How Cynicism Effects Music Piracy,” Academy of Information and Management Science Journal, 13:1.
- Nieschwietz, Robert and Darryl Woolley. (2009) “Perceptions of Auditor Independence: Evidence from CPAs, Loan Officers, and the General Public,” Academy of Accounting and Financial Studies Journal, 13:3.
- Woolley, Darryl. (2009) “Design of the Corporate Accounting Database: Practice Compared to Theory,” Journal of Business and Behavioral Science, 20:1, 2009.
- Woolley, Darryl. (2007) “The Influence of Decision Commitment and Decision Guidance on Directing Decision Aid Recommendations,” Academy of Information and Management Science Journal, Volume 10, Number 2.
- Woolley, Darryl and Martha Eining. (2006) “Software Piracy among Accounting Students: A Longitudinal Study of Changes and Sensitivity,” Journal of Information Systems, 20:1