Posted on: June 27, 2018
Ocean Associates, Inc. (OAI) is seeking a Scientist 4 to supply support to the NOAA National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) West Coast Region North-Central Coast Office located in Santa Rosa, California. OAI provides scientific and technical support on contract to government and industry clients for marine fisheries and protected species.
The incumbent selected will provide support services to implement the statutes and mandates of the Endangered Species Act (ESA) with particular emphasis on sections 7 and 10, focusing on stakeholders and agencies in Central California, generally within the San Francisco Bay Region. The position presents excellent opportunities to promote conservation efforts working with an experienced team of federal managers and scientists.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time hourly position with generous employee benefits.
Required Knowledge and Experience
• Must have Bachelor's degree, or higher from an accredited college or university with a major directly related in a field of study as related to the requirements of specific task order with emphasis in fisheries, oceanography, social science, natural science, mathematics, or hydrology, plus two (2) years of experience in related field or combination of such totaling six (6) years combined education/experience.
Additional Required Qualifications Include
• Knowledge of biology, Pacific salmonids, ecology, and general fish biology.
• Knowledge of evaluation, planning, and analytical methodology and techniques and ability to make in depth evaluations and analyses of potential effects to aquatic habitats associated with a range of situations and issues.
• Efficiency in using word-processing, spreadsheets, and database programs.
• Skill in written and oral communication.
• Knowledge and experience with Section 7 of the Endangered Species Act.
• Experience working successfully with interagency and/or interdisciplinary teams.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please APPLY THROUGH OUR ADP WEB PORTAL, AT THE LINK AT THE TOP RIGHT OF SITE PAGE (website listed below).
With Application Submission
• Include your name in the document file name.
• Sending your resume in readable (not scanned) PDF or Word format is preferred.
• When applying for this position you will be asked to upload your resume at the end of this online application.
Applicants should submit a resume that includes the following:
• Cover letter
• Work history for past 10 years or since last full-time education.
• Previous experience or training with similar requirements.
• Three professional references.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States, complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire, and successfully complete a federal government background check. Ocean Associates Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law.
OAI is a government contractor and is required by law to invite applicants to self-identify their race, gender, national origin, disability status and veteran status. OAI is required to use the information it collects as part of its future affirmative action efforts in hiring. The information is collected anonymously by computer and is not connected to your application. You will see a place to check certain boxes in OAI's online application. Even though the information is anonymous, self-identification is voluntary. You can always check the box that says you decline to self-identify.
Note: If you are not selected, your materials may be retained for present or future opportunities. We may use your resume in bidding on a project and if we are awarded the work we will contact you before seeking further applicants. If you do not wish us to retain or use your resume to seek work for you, please let us know in the "Notes" section on the second page of the online application.