Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Evergreen Building, Room B52
224-217-8944 (personal cell)
Twin Falls Research and Extension Center
University of Idaho
315 Fall Avenue East
Twin Falls, ID 83303-1827
Jenifer’s research focuses on the impacts of nutrient and manure management on soil physical properties and soil moisture characteristics in southern Idaho at long-term research sites.
Ph.D., University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2019
M.S., University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2016
B.A., Lake Forest College, 2014
- Impacts of nutrient and manure management on soil health properties
- Improving soil health through agricultural management
- Soil moisture characteristics
- Carbon cycling and storage
- Yost, J.L. and Hartemink, A.E. (2019). Soil carbon in sandy soils – a review. Advances in Agronomy. 158.
- Yost, J.L. and Hartemink, A.E. (2019). Effects of carbon on moisture storage in soils of the Wisconsin Central Sands, USA. European Journal of Soil Science. 70(3): 565-577.
- Yost, J.L., Huang, J., and Hartemink, A.E. (2019). Spatial-temporal analysis of soil water storage and deep drainage under irrigated potatoes in the Central Sands of Wisconsin, USA. Agricultural Water Management 217: 226-235.
- Yost, J.L., Roden, E.E., and Hartemink, A.E. (2019). Geochemical fingerprint and soil carbon of sandy Alfisols. Soil Systems. 3(3): 59.
- Yost, J.L., Egerton-Warburton, L.M., Schreiner, K.M., Palmer, C.E., and Hartemink, A.E. (2016). Impact of restoration and management on aggregation and organic carbon accumulation in urban grasslands. Soil Science Society of America Journal 80(4): 992-1002.
- O.N. Allen Soil and Environmental Microbiology Small Grants Program, 2018
- Lee Sommers Soil Science Graduate Education Fund, 2015