Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Evergreen Building, Room B57
208-293-6208 (personal cell)
Twin Falls Research and Extension Center
University of Idaho
315 Falls Avenue East
Twin Falls, ID 83303-1827
Arif’s research focuses on nutrient recovery from waste streams, process optimization, odor mitigation from livestock farming practices, nutrient management, non-point source pollution and water quality management.
Ph.D., Kangwon National University, South Korea, 2016
M.Sc., Independent University, Bangladesh, 2011
B.Sc., Hajee Mohammad Danesh Science & Technology University, Bangladesh, 2009
- Phosphorus and nitrogen recovery from livestock wastewater
- Development of odor reduction technologies for livestock farms
- Nutrient budgeting
- Nutrient dynamics in agricultural watersheds
- Water quality monitoring and assessment
- Shim, S., Reza, A., Kim, S., Won, S., and Ra, C. Nutrient recovery from swine wastewater at full-scale: An integrated technical, economic and environmental feasibility assessment. Chemosphere. 227. DOI: 10.1016/j.chemosphere.2021.130309.
- Kim, S., Reza, A., Shim, S., Won, S., and Ra, C. Development of real-time controlled bio-liquor circulation system for swine farms: A lab-scale study. Animals. 11(2). DOI: 10.3390/ani11020311
- Shim, S., Reza, A., Kim, S., Won, S., Ahmed, N., and Ra, C. (2020). Simultaneous removal of pollutants and recovery of nutrients from high-strength swine wastewater using a novel integrated treatment process. Animals. 10(5). DOI: 10.3390/ani10050835.
- Shim, S., Won, S., Reza, A., Kim, S., Ahmed, N., and Ra, C. (2020). Design and optimization of fluidized bed reactor operating conditions for struvite recovery process from swine wastewater. Processes. 8(4). DOI: 10.3390/pr8040422.
- Shim, S., Won, S., Reza, A., Kim, S., Ahn, S., Jung, B., Yoon, B., and Ra, C. (2019). In vivo toxicity and in vitro solubility assessment of pre-treated struvite as an alternative phosphorus source in animal feed. Animals. 9(10). DOI: 10.3390/ani9100785.
- Reza, A., Eum, J., Jung, S., Choi, Y., Jang, C., Kim, K., Owen, J., and Kim, B. (2019). Phosphorus budget for a forested-agricultural watershed in Korea. Water. 11(1). DOI: 10.3390/w11010004.
- Reza, A., Eum, J., Jung, S., Choi, Y., Owen, J. S., and Kim, B. (2016). Export of non-point source suspended sediment, nitrogen and phosphorus from sloping highland agricultural fields in monsoon region. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment. 188(692). DOI: 10.1007/s10661-016-5681-9.
- University-Industry Cooperation Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship, Kangwon National University, 2018-2021
- Bring Excellent Students to Kangwon National University (BEST-KNU) Scholarship, 2012-2015
- CityNet Research Grant for the project ‘Cleaner and greener city: Dhaka (Bangladesh)’, 2010-2011