B.S. Food Science
A Recipe for Food Innovation
Study the chemistry, biology, and engineering of food in this joint program between the University of Idaho and Washington State University. Examine food-spoiling bacteria, collect taste-sensory data, and learn how to process and package meat, dairy, cereal and produce products.
- Learn to improve the nutrition and quality of foods
- Many “classrooms” are hands-on laboratories on both the UI and WSU campuses
- Develop your own new food product and enter it in national competitions
- Gain hands-on experience with university and food industry resources
- Explore undergraduate research opportunities