B.S. Food Science: Fermentation Science
The Science of Fermented Foods
Explore how fermented foods and beverages are made in this joint program between University of Idaho and Washington State University. Coursework combines the study of multiple fields, including biology, chemistry, microbiology, physics, engineering and other sciences. Gain hands-on experience through labs and internships working with a variety of fermented foods, such as cheese, bread, yogurt, cider, beer and wine.
- Learn to create new, safer, better-quality foods
- Work in hands-on food laboratories on both UI and WSU campuses
- Develop a new food product for national competitions
- Complete internships in the food and beverage industry
- Explore undergraduate research opportunities