Ph.D. Entomology - University of Idaho
The Impact of Insects
This program is the state’s only doctoral program in entomology, and will provide you with a deep understanding of insects and their impact on agriculture, human health and the environment. Under the guidance of a faculty mentor, students lead independent, original research in topics including insect ecology and conservation, sustainable pest management in diverse cropping systems, biological control of weeds and insects and chemical ecology. Research opportunities include those with a field or laboratory emphasis. The program prepares graduates with the array of tools and skills required for success in professional careers in research, teaching or extension.
- We offer Idaho’s only M.S. and Ph.D. programs in entomology
- The William F. Barr Entomology Museum includes a vast collection of Western insects
- The Hubert C. Manis Laboratory offers isolated greenhouses for working with insects
- Research with modern molecular techniques in our new biotech wing
- Access to UI’s Research and Extension Centers