Kimberly Research and Extension Center
University of Idaho
3806 North 3600 East
Kimberly, ID 83341-5082
Ph.D., University of Wisconsin - Madison, 2012
B.S., Nanjing Agricultural University, China, 2007
- Assessing responses of texture of processed potato products to different field, storage–and processing regimes, understanding the underlying mechanisms associated with fry texture of different genotypes
- Investigation of potato post-harvest physiological mechanisms during storage, identifying early predictors of good long-term storage quality
- Evaluating sugar end defect resistance across various genotypes, identifying in-season predictors of post-harvest sugar end defect severity and incidence
- Wang, Y., M.D. Ruark, A.J. Gevens, D.T. Caine, and A.J. Bussan. Nitrogen indices of irrigated snap bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) as influenced by variety selection and fertilizer application rates on sandy soils. In preparation and considered to Field Crop Research.
- Wang, Y., P.C. Bethke, J.B. Endelman et al. 2015. Acrylamide-forming potential and agronomic properties of elite U.S. potato germplasm from the National Fry Processing Trial. Submitted to Crop Science.
- Wang, Y., M.D. Ruark, A.J. Gevens, D.T. Caine, A.L. Raster, N.J. Goeser, and A.J. Bussan. 2015. Effects of nitrogen application rates, irrigation, and variety selection on processing snap bean production on sandy soils. Accepted by Agronomy Journal. DOI: 10.2134/agronj201.
- Wang, Y., P.C. Bethke, M.J. Drilias, W.G. Schmitt, and A.J. Bussan. 2014. A multi-year survey of stem-end chip defect in chipping potatoes (Solanum tuberosum L.). American Journal of Potato Research. 92: 79-90.
- Wang, Y., and P.C. Bethke. 2013. Effects of Verticillium dahliae infection on stem-end chip defect development in potatoes (Solanum tuberosum L.). Crop Science. 53: 595–601.
- Wang, Y., A.J. Bussan, and P.C. Bethke. 2012. Stem-end defect in chipping potatoes (Solanum tuberosum L.) as influenced by mild environmental stresses. American Journal of Potato Research. 89: 392-399.
- Wisconsin distinguished graduate student fellowship, UW-Madison, 2009
- First rate distinguished undergraduate student award, Nanjing Agricultural University, 2006
- National first rate scholarship, Nanjing Agricultural University, 2005
- First rate distinguished undergraduate student award, Nanjing Agricultural University, 2005