Parma Research and Extension Center
208-722-6701, Ext. 225
Parma Research and Extension Center
University of Idaho
29603 U of I Lane
Parma, ID 83660-6699
Ph.D., Oregon State University
M.S., Washington State University
B.S., Jundishapour Ahvas, Iran
- Pre-harvest environmental and physiological factors influencing quality, yield and post-harvest physiology of pome and stone fruits, alternative fruits and table grapes
- Fruit thinning, fruit russeting, growth regulators, rootstock physiology and adaptation of new and alternative fruits for the pacific northwest
- Fallahi, E. 2012. Influence of Rootstock and Irrigation Methods on Water Use, Mineral Nutrition, Growth, Fruit Yield and Quality in ‘Gala’ Apple. HortTechnology. 22(6):731-737.
- Fallahi, E., B. Fallahi, and B. Shafii. 2012. Water Use, Mineral Nutrition, Tree Growth, Yield, and Fruit Quality of ‘Fuji’ and ‘Gala’ Apples under Various Irrigation Systems and Rootstocks. Acta Horticulturae, Accepted in 2012, In Press.
- Amiri, E. and E. Fallahi. 2012. Influence of Rootstocks on Scion Growth and Leaf Mineral Content of Apple (Malus pumila ‘Golden Delicious’ and ‘Red Gala’) Trees. Acta Hort. 932: 433-440.
- Kaiser, C., J.M. Christensen, L.E., Long, E. Fallahi, L. Hanrahan, and M. Meland, M., 2012. Prevention of Sweet Cherry Fruit Cracking Using SureSeal, an Organic Biofilm. Acta Horticulturae, Leuven 1, Belgium. In Press.
- Amiri, M., E. Fallahi., and M. Seyfi. 2012. Influence of Rootstock on Mineral Uptake and Scion Growth of ‘Golden Delicious’ and ‘Royal Gala’ apples. Journal of Plant Nutrition. 36(1): In Press.
- Fallahi, E. 2011. Systematic Evaluation of Table Grapes in Search of Suitable Cultivars for High Deserts in the United States. Journal of Applied Horticulture. 13(2): 96-100 (published Dec. 2011).
- Fallahi, E., B. Fallahi, M. Amiri, B. Shafii. 2011. Long-Term Fruit Yield and Quality of Various Gala Apple Strain-Rootstock Combinations under an Evapotranspiration-Based Drip Irrigation System. Journal of Fruit, Vegetable and Cereal Science and Biotechnology. 5(2): 35-39.
- Khorshidi, S., G.H. Davarynejad, A. Tehranifar, and E. Fallahi. 2011, Effect of Modified Atmosphere Packaging on Chemical Composition, Antioxidant Activity, Anthocyanin, and Total Phenolic Content of Cherry Fruits, Horticulture, Environment, and Biotechnology, 52(5): 471-481 (published in 2012).
- Fallahi, E., B. Fallahi, B. Shafii, and T.J. McFerson. 2011. The Impact of Rootstock and Irrigation on Water Use, Tree Growth, Nutrition, Yield, and Fruit Quality of 'Pacific Gala' Apple. Acta Horticulturae. Number 903: 915-921.
- Fallahi, E., B. Fallahi, B. Shafii, D. Neilsen, G. H. Neilsen. 2011. The Impact of Long-Term Evapotranspiration-Based Water Scheduling in Various Irrigation Regimes on Tree Growth, Yield, and Fruit Quality at Harvest in ‘Fuji’ Apple. Journal of the American Pomological Society. 65 (1): 42-53.
- Fallahi, E. and D.W. Greene. 2010. The Impact of Blossom and Postbloom Thinners on Fruit Set and Fruit Quality in Apples and Stone Fruits. Acta Horticulturae. Number 884: 179-187.
- American Pomological Society Shepard Award for the Most Outstanding Fruit Paper Published in the Journal of the American Pomological Society in 2011, “The Impact of Long-term Evapotranspiration-based Water Scheduling in Various Irrigation Regimes on Tree Growth, Yield, and Fruit Quality at Harvest in ‘Fuji’ Apple” (E. Fallahi, B. Fallahi, B. Shafii, D. Neilsen, and G.H. Neilsen. 2012.), 2012
- Outstanding Horticulturist Award, American Society for Horticultural Science, 2012
- Governor’s Award of Excellence in Discovery, awarded by Idaho Gov. Butch Otter, 2008
- Fellow, American Society for Horticultural Sciences, 2006
- Outstanding Apple Researcher, Latin American Fruit Growers Association, Mexico, 2006
- Outstanding Service as Vice President, American Pomological Society, 2002
- Distinguished Associate Editor Award for Rendering Outstanding Service to the Society from 1999-2001, American Society for Horticultural Science
- Paul How Shepard Award for the best scientific paper published in the Journal of the American Pomological Science
- American Pomological Society Ulysses P. Hedrick Award for the 2nd Best fruit in the Journal of American Pomological Society, 2003
- Group Honor Award for Excellence, United States Department of Agriculture for Cooperative State Research, Education, and Extension Service for Multi-State Research Project Northeast 183
- Outstanding Researcher and Service Award, Idaho Table Grape Association, 2004
- Cooperative State Research, Education, and Extension Service Certificate of Appreciation for Multi-State Research Project Northeast 183
- Outstanding Researcher and Service Award, Idaho Grape Grower and Wine Producer Commission, 2001
- Outstanding Pomology Scientist Award, Gorgan University of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Sciences, 2001
- Distinguished Award for Outstanding Associate Editor, American Society for Horticultural Science for 1996-1998
- Highest Scientific Award, Manufia University, Egypt, 1995
- Graduated with honors and achieved the highest (first) rank among all students from the School of Agriculture, Department of Horticulture, Joundishapour University, Iran, 1974
- September 13 declared as “Dr. Esmaeil Fallahi’s Day” in Idaho by the Governor of Idaho to appreciate Dr. Fallahi’s contributions in research and discoveries