Idaho Apparel & Textile Industry Summit
The University of Idaho School of Family and Consumer Sciences’ Apparel, Textiles and Design program is excited to collaborate with Idaho Career and Technical Education to deliver the first Idaho Apparel & Textile Industry Summit Aug. 8 and 9, 2019 in Boise, ID, at the Riverside Hotel, 2900 W Chinden Blvd.
This free event will include:
- An overview of the Administration’s tariff and trade policies affecting textile products, presented by a representative from Washington, D.C.
- A presentation by the Idaho Commerce department
- Breakfast and lunch on Aug. 9
Summit attendees are Idaho educators and apparel and textile businesses from raw material creators to manufacturers, from retailers to resellers working in any market segment.
The summit will also:
- Help industry and education understand the number and types of businesses working in Idaho
- Determine what these businesses need in terms of knowledge, employees and workforce preparation to stay competitive and successful
- Provide opportunities for networking and sharing of ideas
Thursday, August 8
- 4-5:30 p.m. — Welcome Mixer with Light Appetizers
Friday, August 9
- 9-10 a.m. — Breakfast with Welcome Presentation, Lori Wahl and Theresa Golis
- 10-10:15 a.m. — Break
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. — Presentation: U.S. Textile Trade Policy by a representative from Washington, D.C.
- 11:15-11:30 a.m. — Break
- 11:30-12:30 p.m. — Brainstorming Session: Where are we now and what do we need?
- 12:30-1:30 p.m. — Lunch
- 1:30-2 p.m. — Presentation: Idaho Commerce Office, Jenny Hemly and Tina Salisbury
- 2-3 p.m. — Visioning Session: What does the future look like?
- 3-3:15 p.m. — Break
- 3:15-4 p.m. — Next Steps & Wrap Up