Food & Nutrition, B.S.F.C.S.
Managing the Human Body
Prepare for a career in nutrition by studying the body’s biochemical processes and how diet and dietary supplements affect bodily functions. Explore human anatomy and physiology and learn to calculate caloric needs, plan menus, and advise others on leading healthy lives in this program.
Become a food and nutrition expert
Gain experience in community, clinical and foodservice rotations, allowing you the opportunity to develop skills to obtain a successful career in the field of nutrition and dietetics. Students who complete this program are eligible for the Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) exam. Apply today and learn more about the goals, requirements, etc. of this program that is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition (ACEND).
- Shadow a registered dietitian
- Grow vegetables at the U of I organic farm
- Intern with the health department
- Prepare for an advanced degree in health care
- Visit and teach at child care centers and schools
- Assist with a faculty member’s grant-funded research