Dojin focus is chemical and toxicological fate of mycotoxins, a diverse group of secondary metabolites produced by certain fungi. Developing culturally sensitive education programs for deaf teenagers to reduce foodborne illness.
Ph.D., University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1997
M.S., University of Missouri-Columbia, 1992
B.S., Korea University, 1989
- Food safety
- Molds and mycotoxins in food
- Methods to detect mycotoxins
- Effects of processing on chemical and toxicological properties of mycotoxins
- Food safety education for at-risk and hard-to-reach population
- Robinson, A.L., H.J. Lee, J. Kwon, E. Todd, F. Rodriguez, and Dojin Ryu. 2016. Adequate hand washing and glove use are necessary to reduce cross-contamination from hands with high bacterial loads. J. Food Prot. 79(2):304-308.
- Lee, H.J. and D. Ryu. 2015. Advances in mycotoxin research: Public health perspectives. J. Food Sci. doi: 10.1111/1750-3841.13156.
- Kuruc, J.A., J. Hegstad, H.J. Lee, K. Simons, D. Ryu, and C. Wolf-Hall. 2015. Infestation and quantification of ochratoxigenic fungi in barley and wheat naturally contaminated with ochratoxin A. J. Food Prot. 78(7):1350-1356.
- Bianchini, A., R. Horsley, M.M. Jack, B. Kobielush, D. Ryu, S. Tittlemier, W.W. Wilson, H.K. Abbas, S. Abel, G. Harrison, J.D. Miller, W.T. Shier, and G. Weaver. 2015. DON Occurrence in Grains: A North American Perspective. Cereal Foods World 60(1):32-56.
- Lee, H.J. and D. Ryu. 2015. Significance of ochratoxin A in breakfast cereals from the United States. J. Agric. Food Chem. doi: 10.1021/jf505674v.
- Liu, X., Y. Xu, D.B. Wan, Y.H. Xiong, Z.Y. He, X.X. Wang, S.J. Gee, D. Ryu, and B.D. Hammock. 2015. Development of a nanobody-alkaline phosphatase fusion protein and its application in a highly sensitive direct competitive fluorescence enzyme immunoassay for detection of ochratoxin A in cereal. Anal. Chem. 87(2):1387-94. doi: 10.1021/ac504305z.
- Nguyen, K.T.N. and D. Ryu. 2014. Ultrasonic extraction with liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry for the analysis of ochratoxin A in processed cereal products. J. AOAC Int. 97(5):1384-1386.
- Lee, H.J., Z. Anderson, and D. Ryu. 2014. Gluten contamination in foods labeled as ‘gluten-free’ in the United States. J. Food Prot. 77(10):1830-1833.
- Lee, H.J., A.D. Meldrum, N. Rivera, and D. Ryu. 2014. Cross-reactivity of antibodies with phenolic compounds in pistachios during quantification of ochratoxin A by commercial ELISA kits. J. Food Prot. 77(10):1754-1759.
- Nguyen, K.T.N. and D. Ryu. 2014. Development of a stir bar sorptive extraction method for analysis of ochratoxin A in beer. J. AOAC Int. 97(4):1092-1096.
- Nguyen, K.T.N. and D. Ryu. 2014. Concentration of ochratoxin A in breakfast cereals and snacks consumed in the United States. Food Control 40:140-144.
- Scholarship Award College of Health Sciences, Texas Woman’s University, 2012
- Distinction in Scholarship Texas Woman’s University, 2009
- Post-doctoral Research Fellowship Korea Science and Engineering Foundation, 1998
- ETCGP Graduate Fellowship Environmental Toxicology and Carcinogenicity Graduate Program, Eppley Cancer Institute, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 1995-1997