Ph.D., University of Connecticut, 2006
M.S., Tehran, Iran, 1995
B.S., Tehran, Iran, 1991
- Interactions between nutrient metabolism and inflammation
- Mastitis, retinol-binding protein (RBP), lipids and inflammatory mediators
- Lactation and milk synthesis
- Biology of transition cows
- The role of milk components and dairy products in human health
- Tsai, C.Y, P. Rezamand*, W. Louks, C. M. Scholte and M.E. Doumit. 2017. The Effect of dietary fat on fatty acid composition, gene expression and vitamin status in pre-ruminant calves. J Animal Feed Science & Technology 229: 32- 42.
- Scholte, C.M., P. Rezamand*, Z. M. Amiri, K.C. Ramsey, C. Tsai, and M.A. McGuire. 2017. The effects of elevated subcutaneous fat stores on fatty acid composition and gene expression of pro-inflammatory markers in periparturient dairy cows. J Dairy Sci 100:2104-2118.
- Chilson, J. M., P. Rezamand*, M. E. Drewnoski, W. Price, and C. W. Hunt. 2016. Effect of homofermentative lactic acid bacteria and exogenous hydrolytic enzymes on the ensiling characteristics and rumen degradability of alfalfa, corn silages and cool season mixed grass haylage. Professional Animal Science 32:598-604.
- Moeinoddini, H. R., M. Alikhani, F. Ahmadi, G. R. Ghorbani, and P. Rezamand*. 2016. Partial replacement of triticale for corn grain in starter diet and its effects on performance of Holstein dairy calves. Animal 11: 61-67.
- Rezamand*, P., B. P. Hatch, K. G. Carnahan, and M. A. McGuire. 2016. Effects of α-linolenic acid-enriched diets on gene expression of key inflammatory mediators in immune and milk cells obtained from Holstein dairy cows. J. Dairy Res. 83: 20–27
- Hossieni, S. M., G. R. Ghorbani, P. Rezamand*, and M. Khorvash. 2015. Determining optimum age of Holstein dairy calves when adding chopped alfalfa hay to meal starter diets based on measures of growth and performance. Animal 10:4, 607-615.
- Rezamand, P., J. Watts, K. M. Yahvah, E. E. Mosley, L. Ma, B. A. Corl, and M. A. McGuire. 2014. Relationship between Stearoyl-CoA Desaturase 1 gene expression, relative protein abundance, and its fatty acid products in bovine tissues. J. Dairy Res. 81: 333–339.
- Scholte, C. M., P. Rezamand*, S. L. Shields, and K. C. Ramsey. 2014. Effects of subcutaneous fat stores on serum phospholipids and non-esterified fatty acid lipid fractions in periparturient dairy cows. J. Agric. Sci & Tech. B, 4:352-359.
- Pezhveh, N., G. R. Ghorbani, P. Rezamand*, and M. Khorvash. 2014. Effects of different physical forms of wheat grain in corn-based starter on performance of young Holstein dairy calves. J Dairy Sci. 97:6382–6390.
- Foroudi, F., and P. Rezamand. 2014. The effects of dietary Valine on performance, serum antibody titer and bone mineralization in broiler chicks. Iranian J Applied Anim. Sci. 4:405-409.
- Watts, J. S., P. Rezamand*, D. L. Sevier, J. K. Kinch, S. M. Clark, and M. A. McGuire. 2013. Short-term effects of dietary trans fatty acids on selected inflammatory mediators in early lactating dairy cows. J Dairy Sci. 96:6932-6943.
- Jarrah, A., G. R. Ghorbani, P. Rezamand*, and M. Khorvash. 2013. Effects of processing methods of barley grain in starter diets on feed intake and performance of dairy calves. J. Dairy Sci. 96:7269-7273.
- Peterson, S. E., P. Rezamand*, J. E. Williams, W. Price, M. Chahine, and M. A. McGuire. 2012. Effects of dietary betaine on milk yield and milk composition of mid-lactating dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci. 95:6557–6562.
- Rezamand*, P., J. S. Watts, K. M. Hunt, B. J. Bradford, L. Mamedova, and S. D. Morey. 2012. Bovine hepatic and adipose retinol binding protein gene expression and its relationship with tumor necrosis factor-α. J. Dairy Sci. 95:7097–7104.
- Shields, S. L., P. Rezamand*, D. L. Sevier, K. S. Seo, W. Price, and M. A. McGuire. 2011. Effects of increased milking frequency during early postpartum on selected measures of mammary gland health, milk yield, and milk composition. J. Dairy Res. 78:301-307.
- Schramm, R. D., S. L. Shields, P. Rezamand*, D. L. Sevier, and M. A. McGuire. 2011. Effects of a feed additive on neutrophil expression of immuno-modulatory genes, feed intake and production performance in periparturient dairy cows. J. Anim. Phys. Anim. Nutr. doi: 10.1111/j.1439-0396.2011.01190x.
- Rezamand, P., and M. A. McGuire. 2011. Effects of trans fatty acids on markers of inflammation in bovine mammary epithelial cells. J. Dairy Sci. 94:316-320.
- Aitken, S. L., E. L. Karcher, P. Rezamand, J. C. Gandy, M. J. VandeHaar, A. V. Capuco, and L. M. Sordillo. 2009. Evaluation of antioxidant and pro-inflammatory gene expression in bovine mammary tissue during the periparturient period. J Dairy Sci. 92: 589-598.
- Teaching Award (AVS Dept.) and CALS Teaching Excellence Award nomination, 2013-14; 2015-16; 2016-17; 2017-18
- University of Connecticut Animal Science Graduate Student Award, 2005-2006
- Ph.D. Dissertation fellowship, Whetten Graduate Center, University of Connecticut, 2005
- Developing Countries’ Young Scientists Award; World Poultry Congress, Montreal, Canada, 2000