M.S. Agricultural Education
Master of Science in Agricultural Education
The graduate program in agricultural education is a research-based professional program that can be tailored to meet your career goals. You’ll study effective teaching methods while gaining leadership and communication skills to command a classroom and advance your knowledge of science-based agricultural concepts.
The result equips you to take advantage of the demand for secondary agricultural education instruction in Idaho and other parts of the U.S. and to hone your skills for a training and research role in the industry. Master the skills and techniques needed to share your knowledge of agriculture with youth and adults.
Do you have a passion for agriculture and seek to influence others in the classroom or workforce? Review the requirements for the M.S. in agricultural education degree and apply today.
- Program is offered in Moscow and Boise.
- 30-credit master’s program.
- Requires a thesis or practical project for a real-world client, with both formats concluding with a comprehensive examination.
- Ideal for candidates who have completed a bachelor’s degree in agriculture or a related field and are considering an education- or research-based career.
- Conduct an independent research project while working with leading faculty members.
- Present your research at regional, national and international conferences.
- Prepare for an in-demand career as an agricultural science teacher, a training or supervisory role in the agricultural industry, a youth development or community development coordinator.
- Gain the skills needed to succeed in front of a classroom, in an extension program or as an agricultural communicator.
- Learn to develop educational and training programs, including creating meaningful, engaging curricula.