2 + 2 Degree Program
The University of Idaho, in partnership with the College of Southern Idaho and the College of Western Idaho, offer a 2+2 degree program in Twin Falls and Boise. Students complete their first two years at the CSI or CWI campus and then complete their last two years of upper division U of I courses at a distance. The major is Agricultural Science, Communication and Leadership and builds on an associate of arts degree in agriculture.
Students may transfer from a variety of different colleges and academic backgrounds that attendance through the College of Southern Idaho or the College of Western Idaho is not required.
Courses are available in the areas of:
- Agricultural education
- Agricultural systems management
- Animal and veterinary science
- Family and consumer sciences
- Plant, soil and entomological sciences
Courses are delivered through live instruction, DVD, videoconferencing and online.
Contact Amanda to learn more about these student services:
- Counseling and advising
- Financial aid and scholarships
- Internship placement
- Vandal account setup
Alumni careers and testimonials
- Bank, commercial lending
- Bureau of Land Management, natural resource specialist, range technician and range specialist
- Canal Company, watermaster
- College of Southern Idaho, executive director of foundation
- Conida Seed, field representative
- Crop Production Services, crop advisor
- Department of Environmental Quality, environmental technician
- Forest Service, fire dispatch
- Idaho Department of Agriculture, lead analyst
- Idaho Department of Lands, lands resource specialist/range
- Landview, research assistant
- Magic Valley Bank, branch manager/loan officer
- McCain Foods, Inc., quality assurances manager and quality production supervisor
- Microbial-Vac Systems, research analyst
- MillerCoors, research assistant
- Monsanto, quality assurance manager and foundation seed assistant, production representative
- National Park Service, biological science technician
- Northside Canal Company, water technician
- Rabo AgriFinance, relationship analyst associate
- Ranch & Farm, managers and owners
- Smith Equipment, sales
- Snake River Sprinklers, sales and technician
- Soil and Water Conservation District, information and education specialist
- Starley-Leavitt Insurance, production representative
- United States Department of Agriculture, program technician
- University of Idaho, Extension educator assistance, 4-h program coordinator, scientific aide
- Valley Agronomics - Crop Advisor, agronomist
- Vantage Dairy Supply, service technician
“Since I graduated, I have been employed at Landview Inc. in Minidoka Idaho. I am in middle management (Dry Fertilizer Manager) and responsible for the dry fertilizer orders that come in. I manage a team of five to seven drivers, the inventory and help keep many little projects running.
My communication, leadership and computer skills have been a big plus for this job. There are all sorts of people with different attitudes. So knowing how to deal calmly with it all can be a challenge. I will say that my classes on communication have helped me immensely.
I am enjoying my job and hope to be here long-term. It was a struggle to go back to school at a later age than most college students but it was well worth it. Holding down a full time job and full time school was challenging to say the least, but I'd go back and do it again.
My life will be forever better because of this program. Thank you.”
“The UI/Twin Falls Ag program was great and was a choice I'm glad I made. The professors and staff truly care about you and your future and were always there to help. Getting my degree from University of Idaho here in Twin Falls was definitely one of the best decisions I've made.” Strayer is a foundation seed assistant for Monsanto.