What is Ag Days?
Ag Days started 37 years ago as a homecoming of sorts for current students, faculty, staff, and alumni of the University of Idaho’s College of Agricultural and Life Sciences. They have gathered on campus each fall for Ag Days to enjoy a barbeque, watch football, and visit with college-era friends and faculty.
Over time, Ag Days evolved and included a special invitation to high school students to visit campus and experience college life. This unique opportunity enables students to dip their toes into college life before taking the plunge.
A snapshot of Ag Days (September 25-27, 2015):
- Enjoy engaging, hands-on workshops involving every department in the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences, other colleges on campus, and professionals currently working in the agricultural and life sciences profession.
- Make meaningful connections with current students, faculty, and staff, who want to share their excitement and experiences with you, answer questions about opportunities, and inspire you to consider higher education for yourself.
- Learn about current agricultural issues and research.
- Meet agricultural professionals at the Are You Up for the Job? event.
- Evening entertainment including a dance and engaging science stations facilitated by faculty, staff, and students. Emphasis areas include soils, insects, plant biotechnology and GMO's.
- Explore and tour the University of Idaho key facilities such as the Student Recreation Center, which houses the highest university climbing wall west of the Mississippi and the UI Swim Center.
- Join in on the pre-game activities for Celebrating Idaho Agriculture (celebrating agricultural and life sciences education and research throughout Idaho).
- Cheer on the Idaho Vandals football team.
- Gain livestock/dairy judging experience while competing regionally.
- More opportunities to connect with professionals working in the agricultural and life sciences professions.
Registrations must be completed by an FFA advisor/leader, 4-H leader, FCCLA chapter advisor/teacher, science club/team leader/teacher, or other adult chaperone.
Student groups can register for Ag Days here
. Should you have any questions, please call our Academic Programs office at (208) 885-7984 or email email@example.com
Special thanks to the following for their contributions to Ag Days 2015!
- Block and Bridle
- CALS Student Ambassadors
- Collegiate FFA
- Dairy Club
- Sigma Alpha
- State FFA Officers
- State FCCLA Officers
- Workshop Presenters