College of Art & Architecture
Campus Locations: Boise, ID
Landscape Architecture Program
Master of Landscape Architecture, University of Oregon, 2005
Bachelor of Landscape Architecture, University of Nevada - Las Vegas, 2002
Bachelor of Science - Geosciences, University of Arizona, 1983
- A Review of "The Evolution of Urban Form: Typology for Planners and Architects." Journal of the American Planning Association, 77(04), pp. 387-388.
- "A Framework for Establishing Maintenance Tasks and Life Cycle Costs for Landscape Projects." Conference Proceedings. Council for Education in Landscape Architecture.
- The Patter and Palette of Place: A Landscape and Aesthetics Master Plan for Nevada's Highway System. MASS, University of New Mexico. XII:12-16.
- Investigation of Geomorphic Landforming Techniques Applied to Sustainable Development. Sole investigator. Independent study of potential sustainable development applications of geomorphic process-oriented computer modeling and reclamation practices. Investigations begun September, 2011.
- Comparative Analysis of Sustainable and Conventional Suburban Subdivisons. Sole investigator. Continuing investigation of measureable effects of sustainable development practices in suburban residential subdivisons. Focus on modeling storm water and heat island effects using a combination of computer (GIS) and field analytical methods. Initial work funded by a UA Foundation Faculty Seed Grant.
- Geodesign in Higher Education Survey. Principal investigator, with Karen C. Hanna, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, CA. Survey of more than 170 accredited programs in landscape architecture and planning in North America investigating the use of geospatial technology in design and planning curricula.
- Broadway Project Citizen Task Force appointee representing alternative transportation modes. The Broadway CTF is a 13 member stakeholder group convened to participate in a 2-year planning and design process for the $72 M Broadway Boulevard expansion / multimodal redesign in Tucson, AZ. June 2012 - June 2013.
- Tucson - Pima County Bicycle Advisory Committee, Ward 6 Appointee of Councilman Steve Kozachik. November, 2010 - June, 2013.
- Arizona Pioneers’ Home Cemetery Master Plan, for the Arizona Pioneers’ Home, Prescott, Arizona.
- Conceptual Design and Master Plan for Adaptive Reuse of the Bita hochee Trading Post, Indian Wells, AZ.
- Rio Hardy Eco-Camp Design and Restoration, Baja California Norte, Mexico. Revegetation and conceptual campground design. In conjunction with the Sonoran Institute.
- 2012 American Society of Landscape Architects Sierra Chapter "President's Award." Nevada Department of Transportation Statewide Landscape and Aesthetics Corridor Plan.
- 2012 American Society of Landscape Architects Sierra Chapter Honor Award in the "Visionary / Unbuilt" category. Nevada Department of Transportation Statewide Landscape and Aesthetics Corridor Plan.
- 2008 American Society of Landscape Architects Sierra Chapter "Project of the Year" and "Planning Project of the Year" categories. Landscape and Aesthetic Corridor Plan for US 93, East US 6 and East US 50 Corridor, Nevada State Highway System.