Energy Resource Library
The Energy Resource Library is a free resource available to Idaho Power customers. Hundreds of diagnostic tools are available for check-out to support your next energy efficiency project. Idaho Power and/or IDL personnel are available to answer questions about how tools can be used for specific applications and with help generating a measurement plan. Contact Dylan Agnes with questions about tools or project types. You do not need to know what tools are needed, just explain the project you want to do and the proper tools will be assigned to your future proposal.
How do I use the Energy Resource Library?
A complete listing of tools is available for viewing in our online library. See attachments on individual tool pages for data sheets and instructions. If you require a tutorial on a specific tool, please contact IDL staff and we will work with you to set up a date and time.
What do I need to fill out a tool loan proposal?
- Create an IDL account.
- Fill out the tool request form with the location and type of project you are working on to the best of your ability. You do not need to know what specific tools you will need. Just describe the information you want to collect and the IDL staff will make sure you have the appropriate tools for your situation. Some tools require a qualified electrical worker for installation or have yet to be added to our online library.
- Please contact us with any questions.
I submitted a proposal, now what?
- Once you have submitted a proposal, it will receive a status (Pending, Additional Review, Approved/Denied, Completed). See below for more information on status meanings. Please allow one business day for the IDL staff to process your request.
- If there is a problem or clarification is needed, the lab will contact you. If not, your tool loan status will be changed from pending to approved.
- To request a specific time for pick-up, please let the IDL staff know via email or in the “notes” section of the proposal. Your tool loan will typically be arranged in an Idaho Power mesh bag unless the tool has its own housing/storage case.
- You will also receive a printed copy of your tool loan. Please present this to an IDL employee at the time of your return.
Thank for choosing to use the Energy Resource Library. Your proposal is being reviewed by our staff. Please note that all tool loans require one business day for processing.
If there is a problem or clarification is needed, the IDL staff will contact you via email or phone for additional information so we can accurately fulfill your request. If not, your proposal will be approved.
Once your loan is approved, it may be picked up from the Integrated Design Lab at 306 S. Front Street Boise, ID 83702, Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.- 4 p.m., and Friday 10 a.m.- 3 p.m. If tools are to be shipped, the customer is responsible for all shipping charges.
When you are done with your tools, please return them to the Integrated Design Lab at 306 S. Front Street Boise, ID 83702. Also, please include your Tool Loan Library Proposal Returns sheet so that the IDL staff can process your return in a timely manner.