Transfer Admission Requirements
Idaho Residents: No application fee required! Apply today
Transfer students are selected from those applicants who present a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 (C average) on all college-level study attempted in all accredited colleges attended, excluding of courses for which credits are not allowed. Students transferring from out-of-state schools in the College of Engineering must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.80. Other departments may have additional requirements pertaining to transfer students.
December 1 is our priority application date.
If you are an international student you have different admission requirements.
As a transfer student you must submit:
- An application for admission.
- $60 application fee (nonrefundable). No application fee required for Idaho residents!
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended.
- Applicants with fewer than 14 transferable credits must also meet the admission requirements for first-year students.
- High school records may aid in the scholarship selection process, so submission of high school credentials, although not required, is recommended.
If you do not meet the published criteria for admission at the time of review, you may apply to the Admissions Committee for consideration.
Transfer courses are evaluated on a course-by-course basis. Courses transfer to the University of Idaho on the same level as taken (lower or upper division) at the original institution. Credit for vocational or technical courses are transferable within limitations and are subject to review by the student's academic dean and department. Quarter credits are converted to semester credits – one quarter credit equals 2/3 of a semester credit. Transfer courses given the University of Idaho number 000 transfer as elective credits.
Students who have earned an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree from a regionally accredited institution will enter the University of Idaho with their general education requirements satisfied.