Priority Application Dates
University of Idaho has “rolling admission.” This means that there is not a hard deadline for receiving an application and required materials.
However, international students face additional steps and need to allow for submitting required documents for review for your I-20 Form, being issued an I-20, registering for classes, applying for your U.S. student visa, making travel arrangements, etc.
In light of this, please submit a complete application no later than three months prior to the beginning of your desired start term. This will give you time to work through your steps and feel prepared for your arrival to University of Idaho.
Application deadlines for each academic program can be found on the application information page. Some programs have deadlines earlier than those listed below or have a rolling admission process, which always takes precedence.
Recommended Submission Dates
Applications submitted before this date will receive full consideration of financial support or assistantships.
- Fall semester (August to December) - Feb. 1
- Spring semester (January to May) - Sept. 1
- Summer session (Begins mid May) - Feb. 1
General Application Deadlines
To ensure applications are reviewed in time, submit no later than the dates listed below. Some programs may accept applications closer to the start of the semester. If unsure, please contact the Graduate Admissions Office for confirmation.
- Fall semester (August to December) - July 30
- Spring semester (January to May) - Dec. 1
- Summer session (Begins mid May) - April 15
To provide sufficient time for application evaluation and for U.S. Immigration student visa, submit applications no later than these dates.
- Fall semester (August to December) - May 1
- Spring semester (January to May) - Oct. 1
- Summer session (Begins mid May) - March 1