Disabled Access Information for the ASUI Kibbie Dome
The following is information related to access questions we often receive at the Kibbie Dome related to our holding of campus Commencement ceremonies in our facility. Hopefully it will answer any questions you might have.
Our staff will be working very hard to make your visit an easy and barrier free experience. Here is a rundown of basic information:
- Disabled Seating Areas –there will be a large number of seating options. Located above sections 9 and 20, we have platforms set aside for folks using wheel chairs or those that have difficulty with stairs. Access to these areas is best carried out via the southwest (SW) concourse entrance for Section #9 and the northwest (NW) concourse entrance for Section #20.
- UI Parking and Transportation will have check points set up around the Kibbie Dome. If you need to get one of your party close to the door due to access issues, please let the attendant know and they will assist you. That said, it is best to arrive early to avoid having to drive through crowds of people. Also you will need to return and park in the designated parking lot west of the facility.
- Parking and transportation will endeavor to accommodate all visitors displaying an official Handicapped Parking tag. This is on a first come, first serve basis. Please visit the UI Parking and Transportation informational web page for more details. (http://www.uidaho.edu/parking/event-parking/commencement)
- On the Kibbie Dome floor there will be numerous designated areas appropriate for those visitors using wheel chairs along with their attendants, friends and/or family. Those wishing to use these areas will need to transit the north or south concourse following the signs to the elevator. Take the elevator to the floor level and follow the signs to the designated disabled seating areas. Needless to say if you need assistance, please do not hesitate to ask one of our ushers. (they will be wearing vests with the word “Staff” on them)
- The Kibbie Dome has a limited number of wheel chairs available for assisting visitors to get to a seat. We ask that if you will be needing a wheel chair for the duration of the event you bring your own with you.