University Housing will begin accepting room move requests on the 10th day of classes (Sept. 4, 2012).
Please read the information below on the room change process.
1. All requests will be denied if any of the following are true:
- Student owes a balance of $100 or more to the University of Idaho and does not have a payment plan established.
- Student is not registered for full time credits and is not approved for part time credit status by the Associate Director.
2. Notifications of approval/denial or placement on a waitlist will be sent out each Tuesday by 5:00 pm to the students Vandal email account. Student will have the option to accept or refuse the available space by Wednesday at noon.
3. If student is placed on a waitlist, Housing office staff will notify student by sending an email to the Vandal email account.
4. After the request is approved by University Housing and accepted by the student; room moves may begin on Thursday evenings between 8 & 10pm and must be completed by Sunday at 10pm.
5. Move process:
- To begin the move, student must go to the LLC 24 hour desk and pick-up their check in packet & Keys for the new room space.
- Move all your belongings to the new room space (Failure to move all items will result in staff disposing of items, follow University Surplus procedures and your student account being billed for the labor time to do so.)
- Clean your old room (Failure to clean may result in cleaning fees being billed to your student account.)
- Complete the room condition form with a Resident Assistant (Failure to do this will result in a $50 improper check out fee being billed to your student account.)
- Turn in your previous room key (s). (Failure to do this will result in a $55 re-key fee being billed to your student account.)
6. By completing the room move request form, the student agrees to the following:
- A $25 room change fee will be billed to my student account.Any increase in room rates will be billed to my student account.
- I am relinquishing my current room if approved and accepted.
- I understand that all official communication of approval/denial/waitlist will be sent to my Vandal email account and I am responsible for checking this and responding by deadlines outlined within the email offer.