P.O. Box 442010
1080 West 6th St.
Moscow, ID 83844-2010
Main Office: (800) 681-9361
Local Phone: (208) 885-6571
Fax: (208) 885-6606
Mon-Fri: 8 am - 5 pm
LLC 24-Hour Desk
Living Learning Communities
Wallace Residence Center
South Hill & South Hill Vista Apartments
Health and Safety
Commitment to Students
The University of Idaho and University Housing are committed to your health, safety and security as a student.
We pride ourselves on having the highest standards of security and demonstrate numerous methods to ensure your safety, including:
- Vandal Card Building Access: residence hall students must use their Vandal Card to enter a residence hall and their card access is restricted to their specific residence hall building and community areas.
- Escort Policy: University Housing requires that students living in residence halls escort guests in and out of buildings at all times. Students may not have a guest stay more than 3 consecutive nights during the semester and is at no time allowed to give their guest card access to the residence hall.
- Resident Assistants (RA's): RA's are located in each hall/floor to resolve students needs and act as a guide/monitor of student safety procedures and protocol.
- Professional Staff: Each residence hall has a live-in Resident Director or Area Coordinator who is a full time professional staff member available to assist students with any safety or community needs.
- LLC 24-Hour Desk: a 365 day operation, the 24-Hour desk serves as a student resource for emergencies, lock-outs, disturbances, complaints or other student needs. Students and University guests can visit the desk or reach it by phone at 208-885-7379.
- Moscow Police Department: University Housing works directly with the Moscow Police Department to ensure student safety. Police Officers do frequent hall walk-through's to check that student safety procedures are being followed.
- Campus Security: University Housing works with the Campus Security officers to provide hall walk-through's, safety checks and a 24-Hour campus 'Safe Walk' program.