P.O. Box 442010
1080 West 6th St.
Moscow, ID 83844-2010
Main Office: (800) 681-9361
Local Phone: (208) 885-6571
Fax: (208) 885-6606
Mon-Fri: 8 am - 5 pm
LLC 24-Hour Desk
Living Learning Communities
Wallace Residence Center
South Hill & South Hill Vista Apartments
It Can Be Easy to Be Green
Being sustainable doesn’t have to mean reorganizing your entire life. From commuting via bike to skipping out on meat once a week, there are many simple things you can do to become greener!
- 153 ways to go green
- Tips from Treehugger
- Easy greening from Care2
- How green is your dorm room? (Quiz)
20 Tips to Go Green
- Take only the number of napkins you need at each meal.
- Drink and/or buy Fair Trade Coffee.
- Eat food that has been grown locally by independent farmers, such as Shepherd’s Grain.
- Join our recycle mug program and bring your own mug to campus cafés & markets.
- To reduce waste, take only the amount of food you will eat.
- Use environmentally friendly containers for your take-out food. We provide you with these on campus.
- Recycle aluminum cans, bottles, paper and cardboard at campus recycling stations and at home.
- If you live off campus, compost your scraps.
- Take only as much water as you will drink.
- Use refillable water bottles instead of cups.
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth and only wash full loads of laundry.
- Ride your bike, walk or carpool when possible. It's good for the environment, and good for you!
- Enable energy saving features on your computer (screensavers and automatic shut-off features save energy).
- Turn off lights and appliances when not in use.
- Plug your appliances into power strips.
- Close the windows if the heat or air conditioning is turned on.
- Print only as many copies from your computer as are truly needed.
- Save paper printed on one side for printing on the other side, or for use as scratch paper.
- Donate items you don't need or want to a thrift store or resale store.
- Volunteer for environmental organizations on campus or in the community.