P.O. Box 442010
1080 West 6th St.
Moscow, ID 83844-2010
Main Office: (800) 681-9361
Local Phone: (208) 885-6571
Fax: (208) 885-6606
Mon-Fri: 8 am - 5 pm
LLC 24-Hour Desk
Living Learning Communities
Wallace Residence Center
South Hill & South Hill Vista Apartments
Academic Program Assistant Positions
The Academic Program Assistant (APA) is a member of the Residence Life team and is responsible for the general administration, development, and implementation of academic success programs in the residence halls. Under the direction and supervision of the area supervisor, the Academic Program Assistant is responsible for providing resources and assistance that will make each residence hall community a place that supports and enhances academic mission of the University of Idaho. An Academic Program Assistant is a full-time student at the University of Idaho who lives in the residence halls and acts as a representative of the residence hall community to other administrative departments within the University. This position is a one-year appointment. Performance expectations include, but are not limited to the following responsibilities and obligations.
Minimum Preferred Qualifications
- Enrollment as a full-time graduate or undergraduate student.
- Attendance at the University of Idaho for a minimum of one semester.
- Limited class-load to sixteen credits per semester. Exceptions to this expectation must be made by the supervisor.
- Maintenance of a 3.0 grade point average (both semester and cumulative) while holding the Academic program Assistant position (Failing to meet this expectation at any point of employment may result in termination).
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable delivering group presentations.
- Able to exhibit personal academic excellence.
- knowledge and ability of problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of campus resources.
- Exhibit responsibility, organizational skills, energy, motivation and initiative.
- A residence hall room space.
- A book allowance ($50.00 for first year Area Program Assistant and $100.00 for returning Area Program Assistant) payable at the end of each semester.
- Compliance with all federal, state and local mandated laws, the Student Code of Conduct, the Student Bill of Rights, the Residence Life Code of Ethical Standards, the Residence Hall & Dining Services Agreement, the Residence Hall Handbook and all other standards for acceptable behavior.
- Maintain and follow established procedures and protocol in requesting services from University departments.
- Avoidance of romantic relationships with residents of hall on which Resident assistant in question works.
- Responsibility for negligence in the use of any University resources provided to her/him.