UNIVERSITY OF IDAHO
Mary E. Forney Hall, Rm 102A
1210 Blake Avenue
875 Perimeter Drive - MS 3147
Moscow, ID 83844-3147
GIFTS OF MARKETABLE SECURITIES
Transferring marketable securities is an easy way to make a charitable gift to the University of Idaho. In all cases, you should notify the Gift Administration of your intended gift.
Gift of Securities Form
If your stock is held at a broker, the easiest way to transfer securities is by electronic transfer. Please follow these steps:
1. Notify your broker that you wish to make a gift of securities to the University of Idaho Foundation, Inc. Your broker will need written authorization from you before the transfer can be made. Your broker will need to know the name of the stock that you want to transfer and the number of shares.
2. Either you or your broker should contact the Gift Administration for complete transfer instructions, and to let us know the designation for your gift. NOTE: Even if you have donated securities in the past, be sure to contact us before the transfer is made. Transfer instructions may change from year to year.
To submit an on-line request for stock transfer instructions, please click here and follow the instructions. Your request will be answered within 24 hours. (Acrobat Reader is Required)
For other inquiries please contact Shawna Lindquist by means of one of the following:
The University of Idaho Foundation, Inc. will issue a gift receipt for your tax purposes. The value of your gift will be calculated by averaging the high and low values of the stock on the date of the gift. The date of gift is the date the securities are credited to our brokerage account.
Follow these steps to transfer securities that are in certificate form:
1. DO NOT sign the back of the certificate(s). Instead of signing the back of the certificate(s), please sign a stock power form (one for each certificate). The stock power(s) must be signed exactly as the certificate is registered. If the certificate is registered in more than one name, all registered owners must sign.
2. The signature on the stock power must be "Medallion Signature Guaranteed" by a broker who is with a member firm of the New York Stock Exchange, or by an officer of a bank (not a savings and loan).
3. The certificate and letter should be mailed via certified mail, and the stock power form should be mailed in a separate envelope, to:
Attn: Shawna Lindquist
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive - MS 3143
Moscow, ID 83844-3143
Along with the stock certificate and stock power, please send a letter stating that you are making a gift of marketable securities. The letter must refer to the name of the security (corporation), the number of shares, and the certificate number being transferred. If you know how your gift is to be designated, please state your wishes in the letter.
NOTE: It is strongly recommended that certificates not be sent to a transfer agent for re-registering in the University's name. This procedure is unnecessary and may result in needless delays.
The University of Idaho Foundation, Inc. will issue a gift receipt for your tax purposes. The value of your gift will be calculated by averaging
Directions and Maps | Contact Us | Policies and Copyrights | Accessibility | Diversity | Give to the University of Idaho