Social media networks extend the university’s reach in the areas of research breakthroughs, alumni relations, student recruitment, community involvement and more. As the latest change in how people connect and communicate, social media presents a public space for networking and sharing photos and videos.
Our Social Media Goals
- Position the university as a leader in technology, research and sustainability.
- Engage prospective students during their regular web activity and deliver actionable content necessary for advancing admitted students.
- Build an online network of informed, engaged and active alumni.
- Advance the understanding of the university’s commitments to be more entrepreneurial, engaged, sustainable, globally connected, diverse and interdisciplinary.
- Circulate consistent information for student recruitment.
- Facilitate university-wide cooperation to advance the university's priorities, strategic direction, and overall positive impact on the state of Idaho.
Our Social Media Process
Identify Audience and Goals
- What are you trying to accomplish?
- Who are you trying to reach?
Designate Key Players
- Who is the best person to represent your group on social media?
- What roles need to be filled?
- Daily Maintenance
- Content Provider/Author
- Content Authorizer
Flesh Out Details
- What kind of content do you want to share?
- How often will you be able to update?
- Where will you best be able to reach your audience?
- Hint: Most high school and college students are not using Twitter!
Make it Official
Register your social media with University Communications and Marketing by supplying
the following information:
- Designee contact information
- Department/area contact information
- URLs for the proposed/current social media accounts
Contact a member of our web team for assistance in launching a social media campaign.