Thank you for your interest in working at the University of Idaho Women’s Center! Here is a list of our current openings:
Peer Job Coach:
The Peer Job Coach will work one-on-one with a blind student intern at the Women’s Center to ensure the student’s success in day-to-day tasks at the Center, including, but not limited to: assisting the student with developing professional skills that will foster greater independence; providing mobility assistance within and outside the Center; assisting the student with familiarizing themselves with the Center’s space and resources; assisting the student intern with learning the Center’s phone, copying, faxing, and scanning facilities; assisting the student intern with special projects as needed; participating as an essential team member in Center activities.
Provide individualized support services by:
- Attending all work shifts as assigned
- Adapting to student’s individual needs and learning style
- Contributing to furthering student’s independence and professional success
- Fostering active learning and independent thinking
- Aiding in execution of office tasks and special projects
- Modeling appropriate service-oriented attitude and behaviors
- Maintaining positive, appropriate, professional interactions with students, staff and faculty.
Establish and maintain program requirements by:
- Completion of mandatory pre-service trainings and orientations
- Timely and complete submission of required paperwork for payroll and record-keeping (Web-time entry, verification forms)
- Participating in required weekly student staff meetings and bi-monthly supervisory meetings.
Contribute to team effort by:
- Behaving in a professional manner as a representative of the Women’s Center and the University of Idaho
- Performing related tasks and other duties as assigned
- Completing and undergoing evaluation and assessment at the end of each semester.
- Must successfully complete employer provided trainings and orientations
- Strong computer skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated dependability and punctuality
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience working with people with disabilities and/or with disability support services
- Knowledge of assistive technology
- Related major/area of study, including vocational rehabilitation, counseling, special education, psychology, sociology, etc.
- Some knowledge of gender equity and women’s issues, dynamics of oppression, and social justice/social change
- Familiarity with Women’s Center programs and services.
Assistant Director for Programs
. The UI Women's Center is currently looking to hire a permanent Assistant Director for Programs. If you or someone you know is interested in working in our office and would be a good fit for this position (which is described below), please encourage them to check out the full job description
and apply by November 24, 2013.
Reporting to the Women’s Center Director, the Assistant Director for Programs is independently responsible for the development and implementation of strategic educational initiatives, programs, and outreach to sustain and strengthen institutional support for all University of Idaho students, faculty, and staff, with an emphasis on addressing the specific needs of women, teaching about gender issues, dynamics, and the intellectual and social construction of feminism, and promoting equity and gender justice on campus. The Assistant Director for Programs oversees all aspects of the Center’s programmatic and educational outreach, including assessing constituent needs and designing and implementing leadership, support, and educational programs that respond effectively to stated needs and diversity strategic goals related to gender and intersections with other diversity dimensions. The Assistant Director for Programs serves as a liaison to academic departments in developing and facilitating co-curricular programming related to service-learning, volunteer, and internship opportunities, and serves as advisor and consultant to other Student Affairs units, academic departments, and affiliated student groups and organizations. The Assistant Director for Programs plays a key role in the development of campus-wide strategies, and support and advocacy initiatives, to promote an equitable campus environment that is conducive to the successful retention and advancement of women. The Assistant Director for Programs must demonstrate and employ excellent skills of judgment and discretion when making decisions in matters that are often of great significance to the unit and the institution at large. The Women’s Center is frequently a location for first reporting of critical situations, and the Assistant Director for Programs must deploy the skills necessary for assessing situations, including domestic and sexual violence, and determining course of action. As the authorized lead staff member in the Director’s absence, the Assistant Director for Programs is often required to make decisions without immediate direction or supervision.
RESOURCE/REFERENCE SPECIALIST ASSISTANT
. Join the Women’s Center for this exciting work study opportunity where you will hone your communication and organization skills! In this 10-hour/week work-study assignment, you will assist the Women’s Center in maintaining and organizing resources for the Center’s website and outreach programs. You will assist with the organization and maintenance of the Women’s Center library by researching resource materials to contribute to our collection. You will also help to develop and locate resource materials to be made available to UI students and faculty & staff and local community members. If you are interested in working with diverse constituencies, are a self-starter, enjoy motivating others, and would like to learn more about gender and equity issues, this work-study position is perfect for you! To apply for this position, please fill out an application here
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you're interested in volunteering at the Women's Center, please complete our online volunteer interest form