Thank you for your interest in working at the University of Idaho Women’s Center! Here is a list of our current openings:
PEER JOB COACH
The Peer Job Coach will work one-on-one with a blind student intern at the Women’s Center to ensure the student’s success in day-to-day tasks at the Center, including, but not limited to: assisting the student with developing professional skills that will foster greater independence; providing mobility assistance within and outside the Center; assisting the student with familiarizing themselves with the Center’s space and resources; assisting the student intern with learning the Center’s phone, copying, faxing, and scanning facilities; assisting the student intern with special projects as needed; participating as an essential team member in Center activities. Apply for the position online
Provide individualized support services by:
- Attending all work shifts as assigned
- Adapting to student’s individual needs and learning style
- Contributing to furthering student’s independence and professional success
- Fostering active learning and independent thinking
- Aiding in execution of office tasks and special projects
- Modeling appropriate service-oriented attitude and behaviors
- Maintaining positive, appropriate, professional interactions with students, staff and faculty.
Establish and maintain program requirements by:
- Completion of mandatory pre-service trainings and orientations
- Timely and complete submission of required paperwork for payroll and record-keeping (Web-time entry, verification forms)
- Participating in required weekly student staff meetings and bi-monthly supervisory meetings.
Contribute to team effort by:
- Behaving in a professional manner as a representative of the Women’s Center and the University of Idaho
- Performing related tasks and other duties as assigned
- Completing and undergoing evaluation and assessment at the end of each semester.
- Must successfully complete employer provided trainings and orientations
- Strong computer skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated dependability and punctuality
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience working with people with disabilities and/or with disability support services
- Knowledge of assistive technology
- Related major/area of study, including vocational rehabilitation, counseling, special education, psychology, sociology, etc.
- Some knowledge of gender equity and women’s issues, dynamics of oppression, and social justice/social change
- Familiarity with Women’s Center programs and services.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND OUTREACH ASSISTANT | JOB ID #27351
Join the Women’s Center for this exciting work study opportunity, where you will hone your communication and organization skills! You will be responsible for assisting the staff of the Women’s Center in a variety of outreach efforts including helping to coordinate Women’s Center social media efforts (Facebook, Twitter, blog). If you are interested in communication, are a motivated self-starter, and a people person, this work study position is perfect for you! Visit http://www.uidaho.edu/womenscenter
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
to learn more. To apply for this position, please fill out an application online
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
. If you're interested in volunteering at the Women's Center, please complete our online volunteer interest form