Women’s Center: Working for Gender Equity Since 1972
The mission of the Women’s Center is to promote and advocate for gender equity on campus and in the community through programs and services that educate and support all individuals in building an inclusive and compassionate society.
Since 1972, the U of I Women’s Center has offered programs, services and activities that educate, support, and help solve real problems for students and others, and that help achieve equity on campus. The Women’s Center supports all U of I students, faculty, and staff. Because equity is about all people, we provide services for everyone in a safe and supportive environment.
to receive our weekly e-newsletter, "What's Up Weekly."
Learn more about our 40th Anniversary Celebration
We achieve our mission by:
- Developing engaging programs to increase awareness of the status, problems, and needs of women and LGBTQA individuals.
- Providing informational and educational resources on LGBTQ and women’s issues to the campus community.
- Fostering a spirit of collaboration, community engagement, and activism.
- Empowering leaders who want to make a difference.
- Serving as a resource and referral agency for students in crisis.