Insurance MUST MEET the requirements below to qualify for a waiver:
- Be valid health insurance (cost sharing or medical discount programs DO NOT qualify for a waiver).
- Effective on or before the first day of the semester waiver is requested.
- Continuous and verifiable for the entire semester (no termination or break).
- Cover both illness and injury.
- Cover injury while participating in intramural, club, or NCAA intercollegiate sports programs (if student is participating in such programs).
If submitted insurance does not meet the requirements above final acceptance of a SHIP waiver will not be granted. Waiver status notifications are sent to the student’s official Vandal email account. Student will be enrolled in SHIP for each semester of attendance. The charge for medical insurance will be placed on the student account. The Student Financial Aid Office and Student Accounts Office can assist with financial questions and payment arrangements.
Proof of Valid Health Insurance
The Idaho State Board of Education requires proof of valid health insurance as a condition of enrollment. This policy is mandatory for all Idaho public universities and colleges and applies to all degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate students physically enrolled for classes or completing other required degree work within the state of Idaho.
Student Health Relocation Information
Student Health Services Temporary Relocations
|Student Health Clinic
||Moscow Family Medicine Main Street Office,
623 South Main Street
|Student Health Pharmacy
||No Longer Open for Business
|Student Health Insurance Program (SHIP)
||Idaho Commons, Room 406
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for information or to schedule an appointment.
||Counseling & Testing Center
Mary E. Forney Hall, Room 306 / 1210 Blake Avenue
||Student Recreation Center
Office will be closed from May 19 – July 14
|Student Health University Business Office
||E-mail email@example.com for information regarding health related
charges or payments on student accounts.