UI Cheer Coach
University of Idaho Athletics
1000 Stadium Way
Moscow, Idaho 83844
phone: (208) 885-6757
fax: (208) 885-9494
Teaching and Learning Center
P.O. Box 442431
Moscow, ID 83844-2431
Joe Vandal Visit
Request a Visit from Joe Vandal and/or the Spirit Squad
Did you know you can request an appearance by the University of Idaho Spirit Squad or Joe Vandal?
How does a Joe Vandal Visit Work?
Private parties are able to request Joe for appearances, such as, but not limited to; weddings, birthdays, or celebrations as long as the appearance is not used to further political, religious, or other motives not conducive to the standards of the University of Idaho. Joe can attend an event for a maximum of 2 hours.
The University of Idaho, its Athletic Department programs, Vandal Scholarship Fund, President’s Office and the UI Alumni Association will receive priority in any appearance made by Joe. Joe is not able to attend any events during home athletic events (Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Soccer, Swimming, etc.)
All requests for Joe appearances must be submitted in writing to the Vandal Spirit Squad Coordinator a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the scheduled event. An email will be sent upon receipt of any requests. This is not a confirmation for the appearance. Should the requesting party not receive an email, please contact the Spirit Squad office immediately to make sure the request has been received. Event requests will be confirmed a minimum of one week prior to the scheduled event.
All requests made to UI branch campuses will be directed to the Vandal Spirit Squad Coordinator for approval.
To uphold the University mascot standards, only individuals who have received Vandal Sprit Program training and authorization may wear the mascot uniform and perform as "Joe".
Policies and Procedures
- All requests must be made via the official Joe Vandal request form and sent via mail, email or fax.
- Joe Vandal must be supplied with a private, lockable area for changing for all events outside of the Pullman/Moscow area.
- Water/Food must be provided for any events over 2 hours away from Pullman/Moscow area, or events that take place with a meal.
- Maximum of 2 hours per event requested, with mandatory 10 minute breaks per hour to keep performer health, readiness, and suit integrity intact.
Summer ASB ▼
|2009||Yazoo City, Mississippi|
|2008||Bay St. Louis, Mississippi|
- Body - $2500
- Gloves - $300
- Shoes - $250
- Head - $5000
- Clothing (ie. Jersey, tuxedo, etc.) - varies from $40 - $200, depending on damaged item