When is SOAR?
SOAR takes place on January 13, 2015. Check-in for the event begins at 12:30pm at the TLC ground floor. You should register for SOAR
What is SOAR?
SOAR, Student Options Advising Retreat, is a program for first-year students who faced significant academic difficulty during their first semester and need additional support to ensure academic success in the spring.
The SOAR program takes place at the beginning of spring semester. Students who had a difficult first semester are invited to register for the program.
By attending the SOAR program you will be given the tools and resources to help you have a more successful spring semester. SOAR will help you evaluate fall semester and take action to improve your grades and build a strong foundation for the future.
During the SOAR program you will:
- Meet with an academic success coach to talk about fall semester and discuss strategies to improve.
- Consider whether you are in the right major and explore other options.
- Develop a personal academic success plan for spring semester.
- Learn about support services that may meet your specific needs.
- Attend time management and study skills workshops
- Receive coaching on how to develop strong positive relationships with your instructors
If you are on academic probation, your participation in SOAR is vital to beginning a new path of academic success.
- Register for SOAR.
- Fill out the Academic Plan, save it in a safe place, and print a copy to bring with you to SOAR.
- Plan your travel so that you arrive in time for SOAR: Tuesday, January 13th at 12:30pm at the TLC ground floor.