When is SOAR?
SOAR takes place on January 8, 2013. Check-in for the event begins at 8:15-8:45 in the Teaching Learning Center (TLC) first floor hallway.
What is SOAR?
SOAR, Student Options Advising Retreat, is a program for first-year students who have been placed on academic probation. The SOAR program takes place at the beginning of spring semester. Students who had a difficult first semester are invited to register for the program.
By attending the SOAR program you will be given the tools and resources to help you have a more successful spring semester. SOAR will help you evaluate fall semester and take action to improve your grades and build a strong foundation for the future.
During the SOAR program you will:
- Meet with an academic success coach to talk about fall semester and discuss strategies to improve.
- Consider whether you are in the right major and explore other options.
- Develop a personal academic success plan for spring semester.
- Learn about support services that may meet your specific needs.
- Attend time management and study skills workshops
- Receive coaching on how to develop strong positive relationships with your instructors
If you are on academic probation, your participation in SOAR is vital to beginning a new path of academic success.