- If your student has signed up for sorority recruitment, both the student and parent(s) are registered for orientation. There is no need to register/pay for orientation using the New Student Orientation website.
An Overview of Topics Included in Sorority Parent Orientation:
- Introduction to Greek Life-This session will focus on the benefits of Greek Life and the Recruitment process.
- Letting Go...Change-This is an exciting time for you and your family, as you leave your daughter in Moscow to become an independent adult. This session will involve discussion about the changes happening in your family and in your daughter.
- Academic Success: Information Session-Learn how to support your daughter through their academic challenges and triumphs. Parents can be important partners in helping students get to the right resources on time.
- Financial Issues: Information Session-This session will focus on the issues surrounding financing a college education. Bring all your questions about student and parent loans, student employment, grants and scholarships, and financial aid general questions.
- Campus Life: Information Session-Adjusting to college life provides challenges to many students. This session will focus on some of the challenges your daughter may face and how you can help make her a smooth transition to the University.
- Student Wellness: Information Session-A wide variety of physical and mental health services are offered at UI's Health Center and Counseling and Testing Center. This session will share resources about services offered.
- Family BBQ-Join your daughter for a family BBQ on the Idaho Commons Green. You do not need to purchase a ticket for your daughter as that is included in her recruitment costs. Parents should purchase tickets for the BBQ.
You will receive your orientation packet when your daughter checks in for Recruitment.