Contact Us

Student Affairs

Student Affairs
phone: (208) 885-6757
fax: (208) 885-9494
Teaching and Learning Center
Room 232
P.O. Box 442431
Moscow, ID 83844-2431

Women of Kappa Alpha Theta playing board games in the living room

Live on Campus

Why Live On Campus?

Living on campus means the convenience of being a few minutes from, well everything!  Class, friends, food, recreation, the library, your professors everything is close. You will be part of campus traditions, and you don't have to worry about finding a parking spot. 

On campus living is a crucial part of the educational experience at the University of Idaho. Studies prove that living on campus leads to a more successful transition to a university education and a more engaged learning experience.

Campus Living Options:

Greek Life

Learn about the strong community of Fraternities and Sororities on the University of Idaho campus, about the traditions and philanthropies of the houses and their high academic standards.

Residence Halls

Learn about the vibrant community, the safety and the convenience that are part of living in residence halls at the University of Idaho.   

Steel House

Steel House is a cooperative living group established on the University of Idaho campus in 1952. The house is home for up to 32 diverse and extraordinary women. Members share room and board expenses and participate in household chores to reduce living expenses. All internal affairs of Steel House are run by house members and are overseen by an active, local alumnae board.

On Campus Living Requirement:

All University of Idaho students are expected to live on campus during their first year and may choose from a variety of living environments, including 24 residence hall communities, 25 Greek houses (fraternities and sororities), and a women's cooperative house.

Students who are 21 years or older, plan to live at home with parents, are married/or have children, or have completed more than 27 college semester credits (excluding dual-enrolled and AP credits) may qualify for an exemption from this requirement.

The Request for Exemption Form can be obtained through the Dean of Students Office (208)-885-6757. All requests should be made as soon as possible, but no later than May 1 for fall semester enrollment and November 1 for spring semester enrollment.