Campus Biking Rules
Bicycles are not allowed to park outside of designated bike racks. Parking a bicycle at any location or object that is not a designated bike rack is prohibited, and will be eligible for impound. Parking and Transportation Services provides a bike parking map for all the bike racks on the UI campus.
Bicycle riders must follow the state laws regarding riding bikes on paths and roadways, including but not limited to:
- Yield right of way to any pedestrians on a sidewalk
- Giving audible signals before passing a pedestrian or another bicyclist
- Use hand signals to show intended turns during the last 100 feet before the turn
- Lights and reflectors are required for all bikes if ridden in dull conditions
- Persons riding two abreast may not disrupt the movement of traffic
- Clinging to other vehicles is illegal
For more information see the Idaho State Bicycle Laws.
For more campus and community biking information and resources, visit the UI Parking & Transportation page.
Did you know that you can loan a bike while you are on campus?
Bike Loan Program
The International Programs Office runs a bike loan program, which provides bikes to students and allows students to borrow bikes from the Poultry Hill Warehouse for free. This warehouse is open on Sundays of non-holiday weekends from 12:30pm to 2:30pm, and is closed during the month of July. For more information visit the International Friendship Association Bike Loan Program page.