Campus Biking Rules
Bicycles are not allowed to park outside of designated bike racks. Parking a bicycle at any location or object that is not a designated bike rack is prohibited, and will be eligible for impound. Parking and Transportation Services provides a bike parking map for all the bike racks on the UI campus.
Bicycle riders must follow the state laws regarding riding bikes on paths and roadways, including but not limited to:
- Yield right of way to any pedestrians on a sidewalk
- Giving audible signals before passing a pedestrian or another bicyclist
- Use hand signals to show intended turns during the last 100 feet before the turn
- Lights and reflectors are required for all bikes if ridden in dull conditions
- Persons riding two abreast may not disrupt the movement of traffic
- Clinging to other vehicles is illegal
For more campus and community biking information and resources, visit the UI Parking & Transportation page.