You may start a new student organization at any point during the year. To become officially recognized by the university, your group (a minimum of two currently enrolled University of Idaho) can complete the application process outlined below.
- Review the list of recognized student organizations, verify the club you hope to start doesn't already exist.
- Identify a university faculty or staff member to serve as an advisor for your organization.
- Create a student organization constitution. Be sure to incorporate our required elements (see our handy constitution template).
- Sign-up for OrgSync, our web management system for student organizations. You can sign-up for OrgSync by following this link.
- Submit an New Student Organization Registration Form (click the green fill out this form button) You will be contacted by a staff member from the Department of Student Involvement to set up an appointment to start the process of creating your organization.
Benefits of Recognition
After being officially recognized by the University of Idaho, your organization will receive specific privileges.
- Reserve rooms at no cost in the Idaho Commons or Student Union Building (room set-up & equipment fees may apply)
- Eligible to apply for up to $2000 in funding from the ASUI Student Organization Funding Board each academic year
- Sign up for an ASUI mailbox
- Free booth space at events like Palousafest, Involvement Fairs, and Vandal Friday.
- Invitations to skill building workshops, presentations, campus luncheons, and other special events.
- Access to ASUI Student Organization Center (computers, poster printer, art supplies, resource library, etc)
- Eligible for Student Achievement Awards in Leadership and Service
Recognized Student Organization Training Presentation