- Please review the bylaws (pdf) to make sure your student organization is eligible to receive funding.
- Have your organization's treasurer/financial officer attend a mandatory Funding Training Meeting hosted by the Funding Board prior to every Funding Hearing.
- If you would like the Chair and Vice Chair to review your application for feedback prior to your final application submit your draft two Mondays (the off week) prior to the funding board hearing.*
- Complete a Funding Request Application, Funding Budget Spreadsheet, and W-9 form. All Funding Request Forms must be turned in by 12 noon on the Friday PRIOR to the Student Organization Funding Board Funding Hearing you plan to attend.
- Attend the Student Organization Funding Board Funding Hearing. The Board will review your request and ask questions pertaining to your activities, group’s mission, and the impact this funding will have on students at the University of Idaho.
- Wait for confirmation. The Funding Board Chair will contact you within two business days to inform you of the Board’s decision, including the allocated amount, the items for which you will be reimbursed, and reimbursement procedures.
- Upon completion of the Event/Travel, fill out a Travel Expense Reimbursement Form or Non-Travel Expense Reimbursement Form. Contact Meladi Mottern to make an appointment to turn in this form and your original receipts.
- Wait for your reimbursement check to be processed. It takes a minimum of three weeks for the ASUI and the University of Idaho to process your paperwork once you have turned in receipts. Checks are available for pick-up from Meladi Mottern in ASUI, Commons 302.
*This is an optional step. Please know that incorrect, incomplete, or late applications will not be accepted.
Spring 2014 Funding Training Meeting Dates
- Tuesday, January 21, 6:00 - 6:45 pm, Crest Room (4th Floor Idaho Commons)
- Tuesday, February 18, 6:00 - 6:45 pm, Crest Room (4th Floor Idaho Commons)
- Tuesday, March 25, 6:00 - 6:45 pm, Crest Room (4th Floor Idaho Commons)
Spring 2014 Funding Hearing Dates
To attend a hearing you must first attend a training and then turn in your application by noon two business days prior to the hearing. A sign-up sheet for your seven minute hearing time will be placed outside of the room by 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 4, 5:30 pm, Crest Room (4th Floor Idaho Commons)
- Tuesday, March 4, 5:30 pm, Crest Room (4th Floor Idaho Commons)
- Tuesday, April 8, 5:30 pm, Crest Room (4th Floor Idaho Commons)
- Tuesday, April 22, 5:30 pm, Crest Room (4th Floor Idaho Commons)
What are things for which clubs may be reimbursed?
- Conferences & Competitions - Registration
- Room Rentals (off campus)
PowerPoint used at funding training meetings.
Student Organization Funding Board, Chair; Nick Wren
Student Organization Funding Board, Vice Chair; Kailey Holt
Student Organization Funding Board, Advisor; Denise Carl