- Each semester Leadership Programs hosts a large scale leadership event on campus.
- These opportunities are free of charge and are open to all University of Idaho students.
- Join us for Fall Leadership Week 2013, October 7 - 10
- Dress is casual for the conference
- Our keynote speaker this fall is Drew Dudley. Drew will speak on Tuesday, October 8 in the evening. Registration will be required for this event, watch this page for more details.
Drew Dudley thinks we've made leadership into something bigger than us, something unattainable. An upbeat speaker, Dudley shares his “lollipop moments”—when something you've done has made someone else's life fundamentally better. Leadership, he explains, should be about how many lollipop moments you can acknowledge and share every day.
Drew Dudley helps us understand leadership in a more nuanced, practical, and entirely hopeful way. We've made leadership into something bigger than us, Dudley says, something beyond us. We've shrouded it in arrogance—turned it into something few of us will publicly admit to possessing. Leadership, he says, is now about changing the world and nothing less. But Dudley, who has spoken at TEDxToronto and other high profile venues, has other ideas. As the founder and director of one of the largest leadership development programs in North America, he embraces the idea that leadership can't really be taught, only learned—an idea that has resonated with thousands of people over the years.
Dudley has helped raise millions of dollars as the Founder or Chair of several organizations dedicated to supporting scholarship funds, social entrepreneurship and charitable initiatives. During his term as the National Chair of Canada's largest fundraiser for post-secondary students, Shinerama: Students Fighting Cystic Fibrosis, Dudley and his team broke numerous fundraising records. Now the Founder and Chief Catalyst of Nuance Leadership Inc., he works with dozens of corporations, charities, non-profits, universities, colleges, and other organizations around the world to empower people to increase their leadership capacity.