Complete Week 10 Vandal Fitness Challenge Survey here
If you have fallen short on submitting your surveys during the fitness challenge, you will have a chance to make up for all of them with the Week 10 survey. If you complete the week 10 survey you will still be eligible to be entered into the bike drawing.
Final Testing Dates:
Wednesday, April 3: 11:30am-1:30pm & 4:30-6:30pm
Thursday, April 4: 11:30 am-1:30pm & 4:30 -6:30 pm
Friday, April 5: 11:30am-1:30pm & 4:30-6:30pm
Fitness Challenge Requirements:
Upon initial testing completion, you will receive a water bottle, and upon completion of the challenge, A Vandal Fitness Challenge T-shirt and entered into a drawing for a new bike. To be eligible to win the Vandal Fitness Challenge, participant must be a UI student, complete initial and final fitness tests, and complete 8 weeks of activity and food logs. There is a $10 registration fee.
Participants are initially tested in the first week of the challenge. The testing consists of 6 basic fitness tests; dot jumps, pushups, situps, plank time, flexibility and body fat percentage. After the first week of initial testing, each participant has 9 weeks to train and diet before the final testing.
Categories are based on different fitness aspiration and each participant can choose which category they would like to enter. Men and women are in separate divisions.
Average Joe and Jane
1. Criteria is on improvement, including body comp and testing numbers.
2. Consistency, weekly surveys and workouts.
3. New activities (went to cooking classes, walked to school, or volunteered at humane society to walk the dogs).
Mighty Joe and Jane
1. Consistency in workouts with progressive improvement and surveys.
2. Improvement testing numbers duration and quantity and body comp numbers.
3. Adding new components such as healthy eating or trying new workout activities.