New this year, a chance for you the voters to win prizes! Tag our sponsors in your people's choice vote for a chance at a prize from our sponsors. Voting is open until Sunday, April 12.
View 2015 submissions and previous winners »
How to Enter
Step 1: Save Photograph
Entries must be saved in jpeg format and be approximately 1600 by 1200 pixels. While saving the appropriately sized photographs, name them in the following fashion:
Category Code – Last Name, First Name – Photograph Title
Outdoor Scenic – OS
Outdoor Action – OA
Wildlife – W
Black and White - BW
Step 2: Email Photograph
Email photographs to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Along with the attached photographs include: 1) your full name, mailing address, and telephone number; 2) location and description (10 word max) of the photograph. In the subject line, please type the photograph’s file name (category code – last name/first name – Photograph Title) only. Each submission must be emailed separately.
Official Contest Rules and Regulations
- Contest begins January 26 and ends April, 3 by 5p.m.
- The contest is open to all photographers.
- All photographs must be the individual’s original work.
- Individuals may submit 1 photograph per category, a maximum of 4 photographs.
- Photographs that fail to comply with the rules and regulations will not be considered.
- The top photograph in each category and a “Best of Show” will be announced on Friday, April 10.
- The University of Idaho Outdoor Program is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected emails or for any technical/computer related malfunctions.
The University of Idaho Outdoor Program reserves the rights of to any entered photographs.
By entering you agree to and are bound by the official contest rules and regulations.
The Outdoor Photo Contest strives to highlight human powered outdoor recreation and provide a venue for sharing photographers work. The photographs are judged on appropriateness of category, presentation and photographic technique.
Prizes, Awards and Recognition
All photos will be displayed on our web page for viewing. The winning photo's will be printed 11x14 (by Archer Photography), matted, framed and displayed in a graduation display at the SRC (these will be retained by the Outdoor Program). Prizes and awards will be presented mid April. Presently, more than $300 of outdoor gear (from NRS, Hyperspud, Mountain Khakis and UIOP Rentals) will be distributed among the winners. We are currently seeking more sponsors, check out the sponsors listed on our page often ... while viewing the new photos.