Contact US

SRC Hours

May 16 - August 22
Weekday:  6 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Weekends:  Noon - 6 p.m.

Student Rec Center

Student Recreation Center
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS1230
Moscow, ID 83844-1230 
SRC Info Desk: 885-7529

Campus Rec Hours

May 16 - August 22
Weekdays: 7:30 am - 4:30 pm

Campus Rec Office

Campus Recreation Office
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 1230
Moscow, ID 83844-1230 
Phone: (208) 885-6381 
Fax: (208) 885-2340

Facility Reservations

Facility Reservations
To reserve the Student Rec Center of Fields for a special event
Email: RecReservations
Call: (208) 885-6353.


  • What are the membership categories and rates to use the Student Recreation Center?
    See the Membership page for details.
  • Is the community-at-large eligible to purchase Student Recreation Center memberships?

    Community residents are not eligible to purchase long-term Student Recreation Center Memberships. Single-use passes are available for purchase by anyone 18 years of age or older.

  • Are children or youth able to use the Student Recreation Center?

    Unattended children are not allowed in the SRC atrium.  Access for children (17 and younger) is limited to special youth programs only.

  • Are Alumni able to purchase a Student Recreation Center membership?
    Yes, University of Idaho Alumni and spouses are classified as affiliate members. See the Membership page for details.
  • Who is eligible for the affiliate membership rate?

    Affiliated members are individuals who are not employed by the university but whose employment causes them to work on campus or in a supportive or cooperative relationship with a university department or unit. Affiliate status at the SRC also includes all Irregular Help (IH), retired Faculty/ Staff, Alumni, and Faculty/ Staff not eligible for UI insurance.

  • Are faculty or staff who are registered for academic credit under the Educational Fee and Tuition Reduction Program eligible for the part time student membership rate?

    No. A faculty, staff or spouse who is registered for academic credit under the Educational Fee and Tuition Reduction Program, (Faculty/Staff Handbook, Section 3750 - item H) will not be eligible to utilize the SRC under the Student Pass category. Further, individuals registered under the board-approved in-service fee rate designed for Idaho Public School teachers, will not be eligible for a SRC facility pass. In both cases none of their registration revenue flows to the SRC construction or operation budgets.

  • What amenities are available in the Student Recreation Center?
    • 10,000 sq. ft. of weights and cardio space
    • Over 120 pieces of fitness equipment
    • Climbing wall with a 55 ft. pinnacle
    • Indoor jogging track (9 laps/mile)
    • Two full sized basketball courts
    • One multi purpose court
    • Two multi-purpose activity/fitness rooms
    • Cliff’s Rock Bottom Cafe
    • Campus Recreation offices
    • Broadcast Vision System
    • Massage area
    • Saunas
    • Locker rooms
    • Outdoor Rental Center
    • Outdoor Program
    • Lounge with large screen TV
  • Are the Student Recreation Center spaces be available for rental use?

    Yes, the Student Recreation Center or portions of the facility may be rented. For example, a group could rent the climbing wall or multi-purpose court for a group function or event in low student-use periods. During summer months and vacation periods when we have low student use, the Campus Recreation staff will actively promote rentals and other revenue events in an effort to generate operational funds.

  • How are the Student Recreation Center parking lots managed?

    The Student Recreation Center parking lots were developed to support Student Recreation Center patrons. Individuals will not be allowed to use these lots while they attend class or park for other long-term use reasons. Student Recreation Center parking regulations will be enforced by Parking Services.

  • Are continuing students able to use the Student Recreation Center in the summer?

    Spring semester full time students will be able to use the Student Recreation Center during the summer months at no additional fee. Likewise, spring semester part time students who select to pay the gap fee will be able to use the facility in the summer.