students walk on University of Idaho campus

Visit U of I

Learn about the many reasons the University of Idaho could be a perfect fit for you. Schedule Your Visit

Parents on campus during orientation

Homecoming Oct. 1-7

Join other Vandal families for a week of celebration and Vandal traditions. View Calendar

campus full of students

U of I Retirees Association

UIRA has a membership of nearly 500 from every part of the University. Learn More


Applying & Deposits

  • Students who are admitted to the University of Idaho may apply through the Housing portal. A student NetID user name and password are needed. Instructions can be found at
  • Students pay a $200 deposit to reserve a room.
  • Students choose their building, room, roommate and room type from the available options.
  • Students needing assistance during the application or needing special room accommodations, contact the Housing office at 208-885-6571 or

Yes. A deposit of $200 is necessary for students to reserve a residence hall room. Students who live with us during the full academic year contract will receive the $200 deposit back (minus any room damage charges).

Rooms & Roommates

No. We will accommodate all students looking to live with us. Often the LLCs are a first year student's first residence hall choice. Our LLC building dedicated to first year students, called Upham, has room for 75 students. First year CNR students may live in the CNR LLC.

Typically by December 1, Upham is full. However, the Tower and Wallace will be available.

Absolutely. In order to room with a friend, choose the same room during the application process.

Students who would like to live together, but not in the same room can choose Wallace residence hall and the LLCs. This suite style option is a great choice for students living together but not sharing the same bedroom.

We want you to be happy and comfortable living on campus. The first step to take if you and your roommate are having a hard time adjusting to living together is to talk with your RA. If you still feel you must change rooms, please visit the housing office and we will help you apply for a room change.

The residence hall license agreement is a binding commitment to live on campus for the duration of the agreement contract. The University of Idaho residence hall license agreement includes both room and meals. 

In every residence hall, you will find a hall director. These professional staff members have apartments within the residence halls, making themselves readily available for students. There are also resident assistants (RAs) living on each floor. The RA's job is to work with their residents to build a community that is fun, friendly and respectful. RAs also facilitate organized events and activities in each building.


Yes we provide microfridges so there is no need to bring one from home. There is one microfridge provided per room in Wallace, Tower and McConnell. The LLCs come with a full size refrigerator and microwave in each suite.

All of our common spaces, such as lounges, hallways and the Tower and McConnell residence hall bathrooms, are cleaned daily by our dedicated custodial staff.

Students living in the LLCs and Wallace residence hall are responsible for cleaning their own rooms and bathrooms. Please be prepared with your own cleaning supplies.

Our beds are standard deep twin XL size. 

Residence hall rooms are furnished with:

  • a bed 
  • a bookshelf
  • chairs and desks
  • a closet
  • a dresser or wardrobe
  • a covered mattress
  • a garbage bin
  • a mirror
  • recycling bins are provided on request

Yes and No. Students living in the LLC may continue to be on campus during winter break. Students with winter break housing needs should work directly with the housing office to make housing arrangements.

The Tower and Wallace residence halls are $2150 per semester for a double room. Students may buy the other side of the room for a total of $2950 per semester. McConnell also costs $2950 per semester. LLCs rooms cost $2437.50 for a double room and $3125 for a single room per semester.

Read more on the cost of living in the residence halls.

Residence Hall students who have lost their Vandal Card can get a temporary key from the 24 hour information and service desk. The information desk will provide a temporary key anytime day or night.


Absolutely! Washers and dryers are located in all buildings and are free to use. You only need to provide your own soap and dryer sheets. Ask your RA on which floor your nearest laundry room is located. 

Use of our laundry machines for all residents is free.

Yes. All full-time students at the University receive 250 pages of printing each semester. Each residence hall (except for the LLCs) have full service computer labs with printing. All students are welcome to use the large public computer lab in the basement of Wallace Residence Center.

Yes, Wallace and McConnell have kitchens in their basements, while our Living Learning Communities each have a kitchen on the main floor. 


Your safety and security is important to us.

Each residence hall is protected by a Vandal ID card reader that unlocks the door for residents of the building. Residents must accompany visitors at all times. Students are encouraged to keep the doors to their rooms locked and follow common sense safety precautions.

Resident Assistants also do nightly rounds of the buildings to ensure safety and enforce quiet hours. Additionally, campus security does two random residence hall rounds daily to ensure safety.

Public Transportation & Parking

Residence Hall students can bring their car and purchase a silver parking permit from Parking and Transportation Services. Silver parking is located between Wallace and the Tower as well as across the street on two sides of Wallace.

Read more about student parking permits on the Parking and Transportation Services website.

The University of Idaho encourages bicycle transportation. Most of the residence halls have large bicycle racks located near building entrances. 

Yes, there are bike racks outside each residence hall.

Please come to the housing office if you would like to store your bike indoors. We have limited spaces and they are first come, first serve.

You may not chain your bicycle to stair railings, pipes or other fixtures in common areas.

There is motorcycle parking near the residence halls. To park a motorcycle or motor-driven cycle, purchase a parking permit. You may not store motorized vehicles inside your room or residence hall at any time.

Read more about student parking permits on the Parking and Transportation Services website.


Housing & Residence Life

Physical Address:
1080 West 6th St.
Moscow, Idaho 83844

Mailing Address:
Business Mail:
875 Perimeter Drive MS 2010 
Moscow, ID 83844-2010

Student Residence Hall Addresses:
Name of Student
MSC #____
1080 West 6th Street
Moscow ID 83843

Office Hours: Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

After-Hour Emergencies:
24-Hour Information Desk

Phone: 208-885-6571

Fax: 208-885-6606


Web: Housing and Residence Life