Steps to Apply
- Explore our three apartment communities online to choose the best fit for you.
- Set up your NetID and Password to log in to the Housing Application (license agreement holders must be full-time students).
- Follow the steps to complete your application, which allows you to choose your preference for apartment type(s) and number of bedrooms. If your desired apartment is not available, we will contact you regarding similar alternatives or wait-list options.
- Once your application is complete, you will be placed on a list for an apartment assignment.
- A $500 deposit is required within 10 days once your apartment offer is confirmed.
If you find someone who you would like to live with, you can request a roommate.* Each resident will have their own License Agreements and each will pay a $500 deposit. In order to live in our Apartment communities you must meet the eligibility requirements.
Only the people named on the License Agreement may live in University Housing Apartments.
*Students are responsible for finding roommates, as we do not provide this service.
When you plan to end your agreement, you will need to complete an Intent to Vacate form 60 days prior to the day you move out. A fee is charged to you if we receive notice in less than 60 days.
The apartment deposit is $500 for each agreement holder (an additional $300 for pet owners), which will cover repairs to any damages beyond normal wear and tear and a carpet cleaning fee. For more information about the deposit, please consult our Apartment Handbook.
Room and board charges will appear on your Student Account bill, which you can access through VandalWeb. Find your room and board charges by choosing the “Student” tab, then “Student Accounts,” and then “Student Account Billing Statement.”
If you have financial aid, room and board charges will be deducted from your remaining financial aid after your UI fees have been paid. The remaining balance should be paid in full on or before the first day of the applicable semester.
For your convenience, you may choose to sign up for a payment plan available through VandalWeb that will allow you to make monthly payments during the semester instead of paying the entire amount at the beginning.