Steps to Apply
- Explore our three apartment communities online to choose the best fit for you.
- Set up your NetID and Password to log in to the Housing Application (all agreement holders must be full-time students).
- Follow the steps to complete your application, which allows you to choose your preference for apartment type(s) and number of bedrooms. If your desired apartment is not available, we will contact you regarding similar alternatives or wait-list options.
- Once your application is complete, you will be contacted and offered an apartment.
- Once you are offered an apartment, you will need to accept the apartment within 10 days by paying a $500 deposit and beginning your agreement.
Single, full-time students may have roommates who are also full time students at the University of Idaho and who are otherwise eligible to live in University Housing Apartments (meeting age requirements, etc.). Each resident will need to be listed on individual License Agreements and pay separate $500 deposits. Only the people named on the License Agreement may live in University Housing Apartments.
When you plan to end your agreement, you will need to complete an Intent to Vacate form 60 days prior to the day you move out. A fee is charged to you if we receive notice in less than 60 days.
The apartment deposit is $500 for each agreement holder (an additional $300 for pet owners), which will cover repairs to any damages beyond normal wear and tear and a carpet cleaning fee. For more information about the deposit, please consult our Apartment Handbook.
Room and board charges will appear on your Student Account bill, which you can access through VandalWeb. Find your room and board charges by choosing the “Student” tab, then “Student Accounts,” and then “Student Account Billing Statement.”
If you have financial aid, room and board charges will be deducted from your remaining financial aid after your UI fees have been paid. The remaining balance should be paid in full on or before the first day of the applicable semester.
For your convenience, you may choose to sign up for a payment plan available through VandalWeb that will allow you to make monthly payments during the semester instead of paying the entire amount at the beginning.