Vandal Co-Ed Cheer
Cheerleading at the University of Idaho has evolved a lot over the last century. In the early 1900’s, much of the Vandal’s rooting section was male. Over time, however, females were added and in 1954 ASUI officially approved the creation of the “pom-pom girls”. The program continued to evolve and improve through the decades. Today the University of Idaho’s cheerleaders consist of male and female members. UI cheerleaders work hard to learn and perform high flying stunts, dance routines, chants, and tumbling to entertain fans during time-outs and halftimes.
TRYOUT REQUIREMENTS FOR CO-ED:
- Standing Back Handspring
- Standing Back Tuck (recommended)
- Standing Back Handspring Tuck (recommended)
- Running Back Handspring Tuck
- Toss Extension, Press Liberty, Press Stretch
- Standing Tumbling Highly Recommended
- Toss Extension, Press Liberty
If you are interested in trying out for the team and/or have questions, please contact the Head Spirit Squad Coach.
CONTACT: Katie Caywood firstname.lastname@example.org