Student Research Expo
The College of Science is hosting the 13 Annual Student Research Exposition on Friday, Oct. 27, 2017 in the IRIC Atrium.
Participating undergraduate and graduate students will be available to answers questions from the judging panel and the general public about their research posters. All are invited to drop by and experience this student focused event from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. We hope to see you there!
Undergraduate Division outstanding posters:
- Ubaldo Arana (Biology / Animal and Veterinary Science), Investigating recovery pathways in attenuated viral genomes.
Faculty mentor: Holly Wichman
- Emily Kizer (Biology), Saccharomyces yeasts to combat fungal pathogens of humans.
Faculty mentor: Paul Rowley
Graduate Division outstanding posters:
- Marie Janneke Schwaner (Biology), Muscle dynamics during vertical jumping by kangaroo rats (D. deserti).
Faculty mentor: Craig McGowan
- Margot Vore (Geography), Locating and monitoring subglacial conduits through seismology.
Faculty mentor: Tim Bartholomaus
Sigma Xi Award:
- Thomas Jeute (Geology), Characterizing Nanophase materials on Mars: spectroscopic studies of allophane and imogolite.
Faculty mentor: Leslie Baker
See winners and feature stories of our participants from our past Expos