The Department of Statistical Science in collaboration with the Colleges of Science, Business, and Engineering offer this interdisciplinary certificate.
Enterprise-wide Process and Performance Excellence relies on exemplary process management, the design, implementation, management and control, and continuous improvement of processes. Many tools, bodies of knowledge, and methodologies are used in effective process management and most are explored and used to gain this certificate, but the concentration of this certificate is on the analysis of processes using statistical, simulation, and mathematical applications. This certificate program is highly integrative and will include hands on process improvement projects.
- Undergraduate and non-degree students must meet the minimum GPA admission requirement of 3.0 or higher in an undergraduate degree program to enroll in 500-level courses; undergraduates must also have senior standing
- Sufficient background in statistics as determined by the certificate coordinator, including successful completion of Stat 431 (formerly Stat 401) Statistical Analysis
- Admission to the University of Idaho
- All students must submit the Academic Certificate Declaration on page 2 of the Change of Curriculum form to the certificate coordinator for department chair approval. Students must contact the certificate coordinator to discuss background qualifications prior to starting the certificate.
- Bus 531 Design for Six Sigma and Lean Management (3 cr)
- Stat 446 Six Sigma Innovation (3 cr)
- Stat 507 Experimental Design (3 cr)
Plus one of the following (3 cr):
- Bus 414 Entrepreneurship (3 cr)
- Bus 456 Quality Management (3 cr)
- ME 583 Reliability of Engineering Systems (3 cr)
Note: Credits to total 12 for this Academic Certificate
Chris Williams, Professor & Chair
Students interested in employment in statistics per se should consider studying for an M.S. degree in Statistics.